Best Sync Software for Mac

lcavada

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have suggestions for a real nice package of software to sync music (from iTunes Library) and pics from iPhoto to the AT&T galaxy note.

Using Mac OS lion

Can't seem to get Kies to connect to the phone on my iMac.

Thanks

lcavada

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps i am spoiled by the iOS stuff, and relative ease of keeping music, video, and pics synchronized. Don't need contacts, calendar, and emails as I do these OTA.

The suggestions are not inclusive for all my needs.

Anything else out there?

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What are you really trying to get at. Are you looking for a Android counterpart to iTunes to sync all that content up?

lcavada

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
YES, something like iTunes.

If not everything iTunes does, most of it.

KIES does all I need, but cannot connect my AT&T Note to my mac. Cannot find the device in order to connect.

THANKS !

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From what I see Kies isn't supported with the device. On windows or MAC. Kies Air comes preloaded on it though. You could try that and see if that will provide you anything close to what you want. My guess is that this has something to do with ATT. My old Galaxy S (Captivate) didn't get a watered down version of KIES until a firmware update was made avaliable. Then it was just the mini version for updateing the OS and nothing else. I wondering if the International version uses Kies.

In case you weren't aware Kies Air is completely Wifi Based, so you turn it on and then hit the phones with the URL it provides when activated. I haven't used it so not really sure how close it is do doing what you want.

My guess is that you will be kind of SOL as long as you try to integrate it with Apple and not use the Google tools that are out there.

lcavada

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
From what I see Kies isn't supported with the device. On windows or MAC. Kies Air comes preloaded on it though. You could try that and see if that will provide you anything close to what you want. My guess is that this has something to do with ATT. My old Galaxy S (Captivate) didn't get a watered down version of KIES until a firmware update was made avaliable. Then it was just the mini version for updateing the OS and nothing else. I wondering if the International version uses Kies.

In case you weren't aware Kies Air is completely Wifi Based, so you turn it on and then hit the phones with the URL it provides when activated. I haven't used it so not really sure how close it is do doing what you want.

My guess is that you will be kind of SOL as long as you try to integrate it with Apple and not use the Google tools that are out there.

Good POINT ! After your post i found the KIES Air app on the phone.

In my work PC (Windows XP Pro) the KIES software connects no problem. However this is not where i have my files (music, pictures, videos). All of these files are on my mac. I cannot place these files on my work PC.

Perhaps i can setup a virtual machine on the mac, and use windows KIES ?

Of course before that, try the KIES Air.

Thanks

jazzbassist1

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Try iSyncr for Mac. I'm not a Galaxy Note user but I've been using iSyncr for my Droid X for about a year now and I've never had any problems with it.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Another, but bit more extream option would be to load something like Subsonic Media Streamer on your Mac. That will allow you to stream Music and Video right from your mac anywhere as long as you have a dataconnection on the phone. It works well, and I haven't put music on my phone in a few years now that i have that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorawarsingh