Best Tethering App?

numone

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I have my tbolt rooted running BAMF. What tethering app should I download? I would like it to do both wifi and USB. Would prefer free :p I know they aren't on the market anymore so a link to the .apk would be appreciated too.

thanks!

musicnet356

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been using EasyTether and it works perfectly. I recommended it to a friend and he loves it too. I've got a Mac and he has a Sony. I only use it with a USB cable when tethered. I have no connection to the company.

You wouldn't need it for wifi.

numone

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been using EasyTether and it works perfectly. I recommended it to a friend and he loves it too. I've got a Mac and he has a Sony. I only use it with a USB cable when tethered. I have no connection to the company.

You wouldn't need it for wifi.

THE LITE VERSION BLOCKS HTTPS, INSTANT MESSENGERS AND GAME CONSOLE TETHERING. IF YOU WANT FULL FEATURES, PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION.

I would really rather not pay 10 bucks for the app, plus like I said I have my phone rooted already, so the app wont be restricted by that.

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted this weekend, and downloaded Barnacle Wifi Tether. I haven't used it yet, but it had good reviews in the market.

When you say you want USB tether, are you saying you want it for a device that does not have wifi? (You could of course plug in with USB to charge your phone while using wireless tether.) If so, and you don't want to buy Easy Tether (which is currently 50% off in the Amazon appstore), maybe this will work - android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Pda.net. did speed test on that and easy tether. Pda was little faster. I never get bumped off and if your lucky to Get 4g its very, very quick. Took all of 10min to find the unlock code on line for the full version.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that you are rooted, for wireless tether, you want to turn your cell radio off, but connect your phone to wifi. Then go to the market and search for wireless tether. (if the cell radio is on, the app won't show up thanks to Verizon's influence).

An alternate method to get the wireless tether app: if you are comfortable "sideloading" apps, you can do a google search for "google wireless tether" and you will find a website to download the wireless tether app (it is hosted on a google code server, but isn't produced by google). There, you will be able to download the latest beta (3.0.2) or the stable (2.07) versions. The beta is working for me, as long as I select the TB profile, and make sure "routing" is checked in the settings.

Bierich

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just installed easy tether yesterday and verified everything would function here at work. Just purchased the full version. Recommended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neil15oo