best way to maximize fingerprint range?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from an S5 which had an awful fingerprint reader which I never bothered using after the first day. From what i understand, Samsung has greatly improved their fingerprint readers in their phones after the S5.

I've recorded 4 fingerprints for my Note 7. Left thumb & index finger and right thumb & index finger. When I recorded them I held my fingers more or less upright in a vertical position.

The fingerprint reader for the most part works quite well, except sometimes depending on how I am sitting/laying, it would be more convenient to unlock my phone with 1 of my 4 recorded fingerprints in more of a horizontal position. Sometimes it works out, but often I have to re-orient my finger more into the position it was when I originally recorded the fingerprint.

How do people extend the usable range of their fingerprints? When you record, do you record the 10 taps or whatever it is in more of a 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock motion while you're recording? Do you only record 2 fingers but in 4 fingerprints, 2 vertical, 2 horizontal? Does anyone just pick one finger to record 4 fingerprints in as many angles as possible? What's the strategy I should be approaching this with?

Thanks for the help!

Herwick

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
When I recorded mine I rotated/angled my finger every way I could think of for the 10 taps. So far I have had it misread once and I have no idea why as I lifted my finger and placed it back exactly the same way and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024