best way to wake up device

ewhiteboy

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
actually i was wondering the same thing especially when you get a text because with my pre it would wake it up and i would be able to read the message and that wasn't happening with the EVO. what you can do is download a program called sms popup and when the phone is "asleep" and you get a message it will automatically wake it up. not to mention the app itself is awesome. hope that helps.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
actually i was wondering the same thing especially when you get a text because with my pre it would wake it up and i would be able to read the message and that wasn't happening with the EVO. what you can do is download a program called sms popup and when the phone is "asleep" and you get a message it will automatically wake it up. not to mention the app itself is awesome. hope that helps.

Are you saying that a new text doesn't automatically wake the EVO? That's pretty sad if true.:(

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I thought you could set it to wake the phone when text arrives. I know I saw it in there.Just tried it and the phone wakes to the lock screen when text arrives.

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you saying that a new text doesn't automatically wake the EVO? That's pretty sad if true.:(

Depends on what you think you mean by "wake". Does the phone receive the text? Yes. Does it produce a notification tone? Yes. Does it vibrate? Yes.

Does it turn the screen back on and waste juice? No, but you can install one of the alternative messaging clients from the Market if you want that behavior for some reason.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you think you mean by "wake". Does the phone receive the text? Yes. Does it produce a notification tone? Yes. Does it vibrate? Yes.

Does it turn the screen back on and waste juice? No, but you can install one of the alternative messaging clients from the Market if you want that behavior for some reason.

All I'd want it to do is chime that a text arrived, and possibly chime again at certain intervals until read. Sounds like it works fine in this regard for my needs.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought you could set it to wake the phone when text arrives. I know I saw it in there.Just tried it and the phone wakes to the lock screen when text arrives.

How did u do this cause mine used to do it when I first got it and now it dosen't?

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
Download "no lock" from market. Run the app. Add it to exclude list in your task killer. Use volume buttons to wake phone. Done. :)

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site
ive found the easiest way to hit the phantom power button is just to slide your finger across the top right corner, the button is pretty sensitive so it will activate the lock screen.