Best weather app for use on the Galaxy S5?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I use weather bug the most, but accuweather just updated app to include "minutecast" forecast which I will check out for the heck of it.

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
IMO the only one that gives the most accurate weather is "The Weather Channel".

I have used the others by comparison and slowly deleted them all except The Weather Channel.

I also have The Weather Channel set up on my desktop PC and running 24/7. It gives me popup alerts about tornadoes, etc.....

I only pull up TWC when I want it, it does not run all the time. I don't like weather widgets, wastes battery power.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO the only one that gives the most accurate weather is "The Weather Channel".

I have used the others by comparison and slowly deleted them all except The Weather Channel.

I also have The Weather Channel set up on my desktop PC and running 24/7. It gives me popup alerts about tornadoes, etc.....

I only pull up TWC when I want it, it does not run all the time. I don't like weather widgets, wastes battery power.

Weather widgets don't use that much battery power - not enough for you to notice anyway.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Weather widgets don't use that much battery power - not enough for you to notice anyway.

It is the consistent polling/update the info that is consuming the power. and that is what the widgets do, ergo, that is why I don't use widgets much.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It is the consistent polling/update the info that is consuming the power. and that is what the widgets do, ergo, that is why I don't use widgets much.

Again very little power consumption, not to mention you can set the time intervals the app updates - mine updates every thirty minutes and zero battery concerns but maybe it's your weather app if you're having issues.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Actually I was shocked to see that weatherbug was using a fair amount of power. Because of that I'm now using yahoo weather and NOAA weather as alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have been using both WTOC radar alongside The Weather Channel. Take a look at the WTOC radar during bad weather, the radar is very impressive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

skidoo

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
1-Weather, hands down. I don't know how accurate it is, but it's gorgeous, and loaded with features.

hygy6eqy.jpg

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually I was shocked to see that weatherbug was using a fair amount of power. Because of that I'm now using yahoo weather and NOAA weather as alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Did you have WeatherBug updating every hour? Mine barely uses anything but I do the max of 6 hours since I don't need updates.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you have WeatherBug updating every hour? Mine barely uses anything but I do the max of 6 hours since I don't need updates.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
IIRC I believe I had it refreshing only every 2-3 hours or so. Even then I was shocked to see how much of my battery it was using.

[UPDATE] I've now played with all the weather apps/widgets referred to in this thread and I'm now ready to proclaim a winner......(drum roll please).....And the winner is.....

1 Weather

It's the most clear, simply laid out with great 10 day predictions and a nice little "discussion" of current weather conditions when you open it up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky