Better case+screen for Note 2 than Otterbox?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I love my Otterbox case, it makes me feel secure, but god the screen protector collects scratches, dust, and crap like you wouldn't believe, despite the only thing touching it 90% of the time is the S-pen and I keep it in the belt holster IN my pocket. Now, I've been told to heat out the glue of the screen protector and apply another one, but is there a case+screen combo like Otterbox out there?

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a fan of the Seidio Convert case. It ships with a screen protector that is separate from the case. The holster is also designed to connect to a bike or car mount that you can purchase separately.

Posted via Android Central App

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Anytime you have a plastic screen like that, it will collect dust.

I am suprised Ballistic didn't make a case for this phone.

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
At first the under screen stuff bugged me
then I just clean it
It gets easier to take off the more you do it & it does not the long
I don't clean it as much now as used to it
easy fix for such a strong case & the protection it offers
Would rather take the 1 minute to clean than go another case

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, what do you use to clean it off well? I mean, Even with just my finger and the s-pen there's scratches, on the protector obviously, not the phone. I just wish there was a more complete seal. I might bite the bullet and just get a regular case with a seperate screen protector. How's the UAG type stuff?

amcjavelinsst

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I got some gel tube of cleaner when I first got the phone at end 2012 or Start 2013 & its still going
just a window cleaner works well & is probably what I use most
other times just a spit on my fingers & rub
most is just dust after all
use a microfibre or any rag tissue or tee shirt for the outside of the screen that gets all the S-pen marks on it
they are not scratches per se, more like removable markings
All easy peasy really
Also in time your tolerance to the dust may increase so it wont bother you as much, thats what helped me to get over it, so now when I do notice it it really does need a clean & done quite quick
A bit of elbow grease on the outside screen protector does wonders :)

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app

lvdukerider

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What I did was install a screen protector, trimmed to fit the clear face of the Otterbox, covering the hole over the button. Thats where all the dust gets in and the button works fine covered by a screen protector. I dont get why Otter box puts a hole there for the button its not necessary and compromises a otherwise fine case. Rubber caps for the camera and S pen would be a nice touch also.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I use a microfiber cloth slightly damp and then dry it off with a dry part of the microfiber.

Some people just take the plastic cover off and put their own screen protector (see post above). I may try that one day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR