Bingo! I finally figured out how to get things straight in my Droid X 2.2 update

maverickagain

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Original Droid

The home key on my original Droid would not go into recovery mode. I found an article that talked about using the X key on the tactile keyboard. I was then able to get exclamation screen, but the search key did nothing. Can you provide detailed instrcutions on how to do this for the original droid? Thanks for eveything.

Kupo15

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been answered, but I'm still trying to understand why checking the backup/restore option (after all the of the steps are followed) would cause harm or cause the phone to be buggy again.

Logically, wouldn't all the backup data from 2.1 be erased? (when checking and unchecking this option the system asks if you're sure, otherwise all backed up data will be erased)

So by checking off these options (Back Up My Data/Auto Restore), wouldn't it take the 2.2 data in case you had to restore at all, for let's say a future Droid X update??

Hope that was clear for someone to answer.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know this has been answered, but I'm still trying to understand why checking the backup/restore option (after all the of the steps are followed) would cause harm or cause the phone to be buggy again.

Logically, wouldn't all the backup data from 2.1 be erased? (when checking and unchecking this option the system asks if you're sure, otherwise all backed up data will be erased)

So by checking off these options (Back Up My Data/Auto Restore), wouldn't it take the 2.2 data in case you had to restore at all, for let's say a future Droid X update??

Hope that was clear for someone to answer.

It's because of the close link between Google services and Android, including Gmail, Google Calendar, even some GPS settings. The thought is that some preferences/settings might be imported back when re-linking your Google account (and its associated services). That's why no backup is preferrable. I for one am glad I did not have this checked when I did my reboot.

Kupo15

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just find it frustrating that I'm not able to do this since I had downloaded AppBrain prior to updated to 2.2 a couple months back, and only few, if not, just the apps I paid for were backed up.

So with this rumored update that's coming out for the Droid X, would we repeat these steps as well? If so, would it then be safe to check the Back Up/Restore options after?? Also, are we able to backup the apps by transferring it to a computer, along with the data attached to it without any bugs?

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna get the most efficient and safest process out of backing up my phone data without the hassle of redownloading every single app again and losing all of the data from those apps as well.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to see this not a sticky any more. I've referred a lot of forum folks to this sticky for specifics on how to do a wipe effectively. It's not a simple process. Maybe there could be a short form posted somewhere that others could either use or be referred to as needed?

guitarguy2448

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe I executed the wipe properly but I was not prompted afterwards to activate my phone again throuh Verizons 228 like when I purchased the phone or did hard resets with other phones so I am concerned that I messed something up somehow.. Is it normal to not have to reactivate the phone ??
Also since doing the wipe my 3G is very unstable and I'm getting a lot of forced closes in the android market. I did just do the lateset update prior to doing the wipe so maybe thats causing the problems..Anyhow since the wipe my phone works better but still having issues that I didnt have prior to updating to 2.2 froyo..Thinking of redoing the wipe and starting again.

Rachus

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to see this not a sticky any more. I've referred a lot of forum folks to this sticky for specifics on how to do a wipe effectively. It's not a simple process. Maybe there could be a short form posted somewhere that others could either use or be referred to as needed?

Agreed. Had to dig a bit for this useful post. Thanks again anyhoo.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hebdo_Madaires