Birthday reminder integration in calendar

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if there is a way to integrate FB friends Bday to the default calendar similar to ios.

Posted via Android Central App

Yes. When you add your Facebook account you then have the options to sync gallery, contacts and events. When you sync Facebook becomes an option to view on calender entries along with contact birthdays.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You should see options like this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368402272809.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368402272809.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 30

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I use the Friendcaster app for Facebook and when I installed it they automatically filled in. I dont remember doing anything special, it did surprise me when I saw the birthdays all filled in.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm I'm new at this, where can I find that screenshot you posted..

When you open the calendar app it says calendars at the top. That's where you select the calendars you want to see that are available to you. So sync your Facebook in accounts and you should see Facebook as an option in calendars.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
When you open the calendar app it says calendars at the top. That's where you select the calendars you want to see that are available to you. So sync your Facebook in accounts and you should see Facebook as an option in calendars.

Ok found that screen shot. . it's in S Planner. Anyway you mentioned syncing FB with calendar... how do you do that?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok found that screen shot. . it's in S Planner. Anyway you mentioned syncing FB with calendar... how do you do that?

Sorry I'm about to go to sleep. But go to settings and accounts. That's where you add and sync accounts. Good luck. Hopefully someone else here can help you further of needed.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I'm about to go to sleep. But go to settings and accounts. That's where you add and sync accounts. Good luck. Hopefully someone else here can help you further of needed.

Hey thanks for the help. .. I had do download the Google calendar app, export the Bday from FB and import it to Google calendar and there it is. Now I even have the local holidays.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the help. .. I had do download the Google calendar app, export the Bday from FB and import it to Google calendar and there it is. Now I even have the local holidays.

Well I'm glad you found a workaround. Continue to explore your phone so you'll know how to do the basics like adding accounts and such. Then you'll see how these things impact other areas of your phone and 3rd party apps aren't always needed. But good luck!