Bixby Routines

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried this out yet? My wife told me about it....and it's awesome! Customizes your phone to wherever u r at. Like when I am at work...I don't want my ringer or wifi on. It turns them off. Or if your in your car...connected to your cars Bluetooth, you can have certain setting where you can have your lock screen security off and you can have your music app as one of the 2 in the corners. Or home...connected to your WiFi..it will set things however u ask it to. It really is great if you haven't tried it!!!

jls1986

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I've tried using it for is to automatically open Spotify and start playing music when I connect to my cars bluetooth but I can't get it to work correctly.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe ill try to have it where it disables the security lock on my phone since Smart Lock/Trusted Places dont always work.

Brent Fredryk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a setting to do things when NOT at a location? For example, I leave HOME and the Wifi is turned off and Volume is turned down. Currently I am using Auto Profiles app for this and it seems to be working well. If I could get Bixby to do it, I would just use it instead.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
You can set the trigger to be time, place, certain app opening, wifi network, headphones, certain device connects and tons more. You just need to create a new one instead of using the ones already created.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe ill try to have it where it disables the security lock on my phone since Smart Lock/Trusted Places dont always work.
I find it'll work for a while on Bixby Routines, then I have to to toggle it off and on again for it to work (typically a day or so if I stay at home). Definitely better than Smart Lock though

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I only set 1 up so far and it works great. When blue tooth headphones are turned on spotify app opens up. I am looking for other ideas too

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I set up a couple for morning and night times. I was testing them last night and said "good morning" and it responded with something like "it's a little late to be waking up at this hour".

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could have a routine for max media volume when connected to car Bluetooth but of course the infamous Samsung volume warning cannot be defeated... or at least I don't know how.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan