Black screen on My Note 20 ultra snapdragon

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So I was all prepared to sell My Note 20 ultra 512gb snapdragon version which I brought from hongkong and was using here in India
I was looking to buy Samsung Fold 4 512gb
I uploaded my pics to olx which is a place to sell used stuff
And next day drama in my life
I tapped my Note 20 ultra...but no response from the screen...
I said weird. There is no crack or any damaged
But be software bug....
Saw some youtube videos
Tried force start and more still no luck
And customer were going on msg to buy the phone
I dint know what to tell them
Coz buying snapdragon version in india is not easy
My 2 daily drivers are S22 ultra personal,Note 20 ultra work phone...
Now I was stuck...all my work stuff was on hold ...all my client chats and all
The money talks
Now funny part is my Note 20 ultra was on...if I called it ,it would vibrate and all
Even if I tried to swipe in the dark when phone was ringing it would answer the call
Basically all the lights of the screen went off
Such bad luck
Then after 2 day of waiting to see it screen comes back on...I went to samsung....I thought if they opened the phone and reconnect the batter or screen cable ,it mite work...but no luck
Now the bad part is that the Indian version Note 20 ultra display will not fit my snapdragon HK version...now I have to wait 1 week for them to arrange snapdragon version display for my phone...
I was getting very good price for my Note 20 ultra....Now iam paying around 350 $ for the repair which is full loss for me as iam selling the phone to get fold 4
This has never happened to me ever....
Just bad luck

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
:(

How you must have laughed.

Several years ago I gave a certain high-spec phone, not much used, and in excellent condition, to a friend, whose phone had stopped working. Shortly after, the donated phone started bootlooping, irreparably. I felt bad about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, terrible timing!:( If you haven't yet submitted the phone for repair, did you already try pressing and holding Power and Vol Down together for about 30 seconds to force a shutdown, then try to power on again normally? Or is that what you meant by "force start"?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its crazy every so often a thread like this pops up on Samsung, I've been pretty lucky with Samsung over the years but this makes you worry.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This actually happened to me last week. My screen went black for about an hour. I was listening to some live podcast in the background while this happened. It lasted less than an hour for me. Eventually it came back on. I don't know what happened.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
So far my experience with Samsung software on my Flip 3 has been a little more glitchy than I expected lol. Awesome hardware, but I'm not so sure about the software ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯