Blank SD, Connect USB, Laptop Crashes...

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Ive been running the stock GB release since yesterday. Every thing has been fine, till now, I had my phone off and turned it back on. Said SD card was blank. plugged in usb cable and connected storage. immediately windows crashed. Iput my SD card in an external port and sure enough it was nuked. What would cause this? Havent done a backup of my SD card in a while, but do have some very recent nandroid files saved. Going to try to push these to my sd card and see if I can my apk's back through a restore.....

edit: I was able to get my apk's back at least.

Last edited:

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive been running the stock GB release since yesterday. Every thing has been fine, till now, I had my phone off and turned it back on. Said SD card was blank. plugged in usb cable and connected storage. immediately windows crashed. Iput my SD card in an external port and sure enough it was nuked. What would cause this? Havent done a backup of my SD card in a while, but do have some very recent nandroid files saved. Going to try to push these to my sd card and see if I can my apk's back through a restore.....

edit: I was able to get my apk's back at least.

lol!!!! that sucks. the part that makes me laugh the hardest is you computer crashing. its like something on a sitcom.

sorry...

my stupid sd card is muked to and i was PISSED!!!!!!!!!! thing to remember

we are using leaked rejected software.....old leaked rejected software. stupid crap like that happens. from what i gather you need to flash the proper recovery BEFORE you flash the ROM. i know what you are thinking.. "super, that would have been great info to know before i flashed the new rom." i said the same thing. then i read the freaking op, and right there in black and white it said if you dont use the proper recovery stupid crap will happen.... great. i lost a bunch of stuff. no one to blame but my self.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This has been all over the xda forums. BACK UP YOUR SD CARDS IF YOU ARE TOUCHING ANY GB ROM!!! !!!!!!!!!

Sorry about your luck, but you can use a free tool like Recuva (google it) to save most/all of the files. Just get an external reader, do a "quick format" in windows, and run the "deep scan" mode in Recuva and it should find most of the files and let you save them.

As for the crashing, I had a similar problem a few roms ago, I think it was a corrupt/bad kernel or something because every time I tried to do a file transfer to my phone, windows would lock up hard, and sometimes even do the PC speaker turbo-beep. If I unplugged the phone, it would magically come back to life. I flashed a new rom/kernel and it vanished.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d