Bluetooth/Spotify

mimichelle13

Mar 25, 2023
Visit site
This has happened now on two different phones. One being the Google pixel 7 pro and my current which is a Motorola g stylus 5G. Sometimes when I turn the truck off it stops playing music like it's supposed to and sometimes it decides to play it through the speaker of my phone. I don't know why it's doing this nor how to make it stop. It's very random. Doesn't matter the song or time of day or if I used the phone while driving or not. Doesn't matter what steps I take when turning off truck and getting out. Although I always do the same thing.. I'm very routine. Back in driveway, put in Park. Shut off vehicle. Music typically continues to play thru truck speakers until I open the door.. and this is when it decides to either shut down (like it's supposed to) or have a mind of it's own and start playing thru the phone speaker. It's irritating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a definite answer, but I can tell you that Spotify's multi-device algorithms are kind of screwy, in my experience, so this might be part of it. There are times when I'm trying to play something on my car's built-in Spotify player, and it'll throw an error at me saying that it's playing on some other device, even though it isn't at that very moment. Send feedback to the Spotify developers about what you're experiencing.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
That's funny because I've had the exact same thing happen to me in the past. It was quite embarrassing to have heavy metal playing out of my phone speakers upon entering the library because of a Spotify glitch. Since then, I've just made sure to close Spotify before going inside the library (or other public places indoors).