Boom, Crash, Clunk... yep its broken

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The LCD and the glass both broken. Lucky for him the local sprint store had some spare parts and there fixing it for only $35. Needless to say he is taking my advice finally and getting a case.

xubean

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to see that! mine was not an evo, but this was a couple of weeks ago! :( the Epic
epic%20broken.png

TheNinja

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
My Otterbox Commuter saved my Evo last week when I dropped it in the bathroom and watched in horror as it hit the tile floor flat on its's screen. No damage done.

I really don't understand why people pay hundreds of dollars on a phone then won't shell out another 10~$30 on a decent case to protect their investment.

cenloe

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Lucky is right. Every time I upgrade my device I buy a new case to go with it. When I do upgrade I end up selling my old gadget, usually cutting the cost of my new device to next to nothing.

denisew1972

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Somebody PLEASE find me find a case for my EVO with an extended 3500 battery... I have always had a case in the past until now. As far as I know they don't make one. I don't want my EVO to meet this fate.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

android64

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Glad he got it fixed.That's why my smartphones always rock a good case.Believe me,I've dropped my Cappy several times and was glad I invested in a good case.

netposer

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
My Otterbox Commuter saved my Evo last week when I dropped it in the bathroom and watched in horror as it hit the tile floor flat on its's screen. No damage done.

I really don't understand why people pay hundreds of dollars on a phone then won't shell out another 10~$30 on a decent case to protect their investment.

I personally can't stand to put a bulky (ugly) case on my sleek smartphone but since my Inspire is so exposed on the edges (sharp) I got a Seidio case that works but when I take it out of the case it's awesome feeling.

If I had and Atrix I would not bother since you can replace the entire back. And the back is also the corners.

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

ummm i have the same case dropped off my lap onto a clean garage floor flat on the screen and now i have a shattered screen f!!! the otterbox commuter

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
hey just so im clear on the sprint insurance thing if i have the insurance and i crack my evo like the one pictured at the beginning ill get one on the spot right?

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
hey just so im clear on the sprint insurance thing if i have the insurance and i crack my evo like the one pictured at the beginning ill get one on the spot right?

Noooooo. Not unless the store has a used screen they can replace it with, or if they just happen to be feeling generous. Per policy, a screen like that is always an insurance policy. YMMV though.. My store has been doing 1 time courtesy swaps for customers who were previously told that it was covered...

vaelyan

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a bodyglove on my evo and it fell face first and screen shattered. Called Sprint and asked how much deposit was and when they said $100 I said transfer me so I could cancel my account and the retention lady gave me a credit to cover the cost of the deductible. Of course canceling would've cost me over $300 but I was pissed and it was a matter of principal. I've been with Sprint for nearly 7 years and always had insurance that I've never used on 3 phones. On top of that Sprint is always figuring new ways to screw their customers like the way they are changing the premier program and I'm still with them. Best thing to do is have insurance and a good case.

I use an otterbox now and yesterday a girl at work knocked my phone out of my hand and it landed face first and didn't break.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Customers who get mad "on principle" are unbelievable. They would rather eat a big ETF and switch to a more expensive service, with the same (or worse) coverage/plans, etc., thereby costing themselves hundreds upon hundreds of dollars in the long run, rather than suck it up and deal with the changes. Policies change. It happens, every company does it. What happens when your new carrier changes their policies? You gonna do the same thing to them too? Like I understand you're mad and everything, but switching carriers isn't gonna prove (or change) a thing, other than the fact that you're not the brightest bulb on the tree, which should have been obvious the very moment that you expected to get an insurance replacement for physical damage to your phone, without paying the deductible. I mean that's what it's for, that's how it works, and that's why you have the insurance. Stop for a minute to realize that your insurance is saving you $350 versus having to buy a new one at retail.

Not personal, or aimed at anyone in particular- just a general observation on a customer behavior that I still can't quite explain...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17