Brand New Nexus 6 - SLOW connection on Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6 just arrived, it's now fully charged and Lollipop has been updated to 5.1 -
It registered fine on Verizon LTE network with the same SIM card that has worked flawlessly with the 2013-version Moto X..

However, the download speed is about 1/2 of my Moto X (2013) (down to less than 3 Mbps) and the upload is speed is abysmal..

I set the network to "LTE/CDMA" as recommended on the phone.

Can someone help with settings or reasons why I am not getting the connection speed I used to get?

Cheers,

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 6 just arrived, it's now fully charged and Lollipop has been updated to 5.1 -
It registered fine on Verizon LTE network with the same SIM card that has worked flawlessly with the 2013-version Moto X..

However, the download speed is about 1/2 of my Moto X (2013) (down to less than 3 Mbps) and the upload is speed is abysmal..

I set the network to "LTE" as recommended on the phone.

Can someone help with settings or reasons why I am not getting the connection speed I used to get?

Cheers,

contact Verizon and make sure they have the Nexus 6 IMEI number listed on your account in their system.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
On your cellular networks menu Is the enhanced LTE option there if it is make sure is on if it's not Google how to activate it. If it's not a Verizon phone it probably will have to be switched on

Posted via the Android Central App

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
On your cellular networks menu Is the enhanced LTE option there if it is make sure is on if it's not Google how to activate it. If it's not a Verizon phone it probably will have to be switched on

Thanks for the tip - and I was able to switch on the Enhanced LTE feature,,,
However the option to turn it on will disappear after the phone has been used for awhile - I will have to dial *#*#4636#*#* again to turn it back on -

would you know what might have caused this ?

cheers,

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip - and I was able to switch on the Enhanced LTE feature,,,
However the option to turn it on will disappear after the phone has been used for awhile - I will have to dial *#*#4636#*#* again to turn it back on -

would you know what might have caused this ?

cheers,

Call Verizon and make sure it's turned on for your phone. I bet it's off. Once that's fixed it will stay working

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Call Verizon and make sure it's turned on for your phone. I bet it's off. Once that's fixed it will stay working

It's been a bit of a weird trip with Verizon.. I have added the 'free' enhanced LTE feature under my Verizon Account - then proceeded to turn on the same feature on the phone....

Then it disappeared from my phone - I then checked my Verizon account where it disappeared as well...

I then added both back - and both have been turned on for more than 24 hours ...

thanks again for the tips,

cheers,

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
It's been a bit of a weird trip with Verizon.. I have added the 'free' enhanced LTE feature under my Verizon Account - then proceeded to turn on the same feature on the phone....

Then it disappeared from my phone - I then checked my Verizon account where it disappeared as well...

I then added both back - and both have been turned on for more than 24 hours ...

thanks again for the tips,

cheers,

You have to call to get it to stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli