BriefMobile has Gingerbread!

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I was browsing around on the web, anticipating Gingerbread. Stumbled over to BriefMobile, and they supposedly have an official version of 2.3.4 They say it's in beta form, so I dont know if they stumbled upon the HKTW over at XDA, if they found Kennethpenn's version, or if they have a legetimate leak. Read on: Download Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for Motorola Atrix 4G - BriefMobile

Are you running it? This version is for AT&T, HKTW was for China(I think, maybe Taiwan) and was for a different hardware version, MB870 vs MB860 I believe. Both work fine....

colin31

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you running it? This version is for AT&T, HKTW was for China(I think, maybe Taiwan) and was for a different hardware version, MB870 vs MB860 I believe. Both work fine....

No, I don't have an atrix, uprgading in 2 weeks to an atrix though! But, I won't have a chance to test it for 2 weeks!

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
can anyone post a video of them going through some tasks using gingerbread? we need a more in depth video than briefmobile's!!! :D

zmagrini

May 13, 2011
Visit site
everyone that has it says they love it and how much better it is and JUST ABOUT EVERYONE that has it says they dont know what the holdup is.. so if it is that close to being so good then why not send the OTA? each day that goes by i die a little inside :'( :p

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to load that on my phone, but some people reporting various problems with wifi, google maps and battery life, I'll just wait for the official OTA update...

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have held off on the 2.3.4 too cause of issues out there.I hope the official ota comes soon.Yhen after that all I need is webtop enabled and root with sideloading.I guess on the official release the bootloader will still need to be unlocked?or will it be unlocked with the update.

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Hope it's ok to ask in this.

I'm running ATT's official 4.1.83 on my Atrix. But, I'm rooted.

When the official Gingerbread is released, will I be able to upgrade to it? Or will I need to unroot first? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hope it's ok to ask in this.

I'm running ATT's official 4.1.83 on my Atrix. But, I'm rooted.

When the official Gingerbread is released, will I be able to upgrade to it? Or will I need to unroot first? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

If all you did was root then you should be fine. You will lose root though.

Reactions: dwade62

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have held off on the 2.3.4 too cause of issues out there.I hope the official ota comes soon.Yhen after that all I need is webtop enabled and root with sideloading.I guess on the official release the bootloader will still need to be unlocked?or will it be unlocked with the update.

Version floating around is bug free, no issues, has root ,web top, etc. before doing OTA, make sure it does not close the door on the way the boot loader is being unlocked now. Heard it will not come unlocked now, and they most likely will close loophole with this update, IMO.