Buggy Pixel 4xl

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am asking a question if your pixel 4 or 4xl is buggy. I upgraded from the Pixel 2xl and never had an issue. It would be weeks or even months before I had to restart my pixel 2xl. And then I didn't really have to, I just restarted it because I thought I should. But my new Pixel 4xl, (which I bought on launch day) is having issues like chrome will not connect to the internet, or when watching a video on YouTube the rewind, stop, and pause buttons will not disappear off the video, I have more issues than this, these are the main ones that bother me the most. The only way I can get these problems resolved is to do a restart. This is getting more and more often as time goes on. At 1st it was once in a great while, and now its almost everyday. Before buying the pixel 4xl I was debating on buying the Galaxy Note 10+ but decided to wait for this one. I am now wishing that I had just went ahead and bought the Note 10+. I purchased this on the Verizon monthly plan. I wish there was a way I could trade this in being its only like 2 months old, but I owe to much money against it yet.
Is anyone else having bug issues like I am? If you are please let me know what kind of problems your having.
Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey everyone, I am asking a question if your pixel 4 or 4xl is buggy. I upgraded from the Pixel 2xl and never had an issue. It would be weeks or even months before I had to restart my pixel 2xl. And then I didn't really have to, I just restarted it because I thought I should. But my new Pixel 4xl, (which I bought on launch day) is having issues like chrome will not connect to the internet, or when watching a video on YouTube the rewind, stop, and pause buttons will not disappear off the video, I have more issues than this, these are the main ones that bother me the most. The only way I can get these problems resolved is to do a restart. This is getting more and more often as time goes on. At 1st it was once in a great while, and now its almost everyday. Before buying the pixel 4xl I was debating on buying the Galaxy Note 10+ but decided to wait for this one. I am now wishing that I had just went ahead and bought the Note 10+. I purchased this on the Verizon monthly plan. I wish there was a way I could trade this in being its only like 2 months old, but I owe to much money against it yet.
Is anyone else having bug issues like I am? If you are please let me know what kind of problems your having.
Thanks.
Try to clear data, cache and force stop the you tube app , what your experience is app issue that can happen on any phone .

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried out a mcafee app that was part of device protection from T-Mobile. Mine was buggy with that running. Once removed I've had zero issues. I have a feeling that there's plenty of apps that aren't optimized for Android 10 yet

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The thing is I don't use many apps. I have had various cell phones for over 20 years. The only ones that were buggy was an iPhone 4s, and a HTC phone that had windows on it. I am not a heavy user. At the end of the day my phone usually has 60 to 70% battery left. I mainly use gmail, Messages, Chrome, phone, and Accuweather. Randomly Chrome will just quit working. I have internet cause I can open other apps and it works fine. And once in a great while if I open up the youtube app and play a video the pause and fast forward features will not disappear off the front of the video playing. Only a restart of the phone gets this working again. Chrome and the youtube apps should be optimized for android 10. At 1st I was really excited about this phone, but the longer I have it the more I see Google has just done enough to get by. It is not a great phone. Unless Google puts out an update to fix this very soon I will be parking this phone and getting something different. I don't want to because this phone is god awful expensive. Too much for what we get. Its a 6 or 7 hundred dollar phone and we paid $1000.00 for it. I feel so dumb.
I have also contacted Google and they were no help. Had me restart it in safemode and run it for a while and of course everything worked fine while that was going on. Oh also I have great cell reception where I am. Full bars as a cell tower is only about a half mile away.
So maybe I am the only one having issues and maybe I bought a bad unit, but its enough to make me angry at the purchase I made. Sorry for the rant, but hopefully this helps if someone else is having problems like I am.

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well bad programming is bad programming. Nothing you can do but try to identify the culprit. Chrome isn't crashing for others but I wouldn't think hardware issues first. I still presume it's an app. They work without you knowing in background processes.

A poorly written app may not be friendly with shared resources and lead to chrome crashing...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try removing chrome and do a re-install if chrome is a big issue same with YouTube. If it works fine in safe mode it’s probably some app.

hub1

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
"Had me restart it in safemode and run it for a while and of course everything worked fine while that was going on."

The fact that it ran fine in safe mode tells you that problem is a 3rd party app. Now you just have to find out which app is causing the problem.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
It could also be a bad restore from your 2XL. It can happen with any device. You may just need to do a factory reset.
I restored from my 2XL and motion sense didn't work at all. We thought it was a faulty phone. I was going to exchange it. I then did a factory reset and set up as a new phone. Motion sense suddenly worked. It was an issue from the restore, not a hardware problem after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174