Bye Bye Thunderbolt !!

zig123

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Guess the Verizon will never get ICS let alone Jelly Bean. I've had my bolt since Feb of 2011 used to love it but with no updates or support from Verizon I've moved to a new Samsung Galaxy 3.

Question, my bolt still works fine and isn't damaged. I want to sell it on ebay. When the S3 comes (Tues 9/4) I'll transfer the number off the phone. It will still say Verizon but won't have a number or contract. The phone has been rooted and now has HTC sense 3.5 . Should I try to unroot it and get it back to factory setting or just sell it as is? Sense 3.5 is better than early Gingerbread. I also have a Gorilla battery 2750 Mah The pregnant guppy back is attached but I have the org batt and back.
Zig 123:(

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If it was rooted why didn't you put ics on it? I'm running liquid ics and i love it.

Sent from my ADR6400 using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can get about $150 for this phone assuming it's in near mint condition.

Although I don't know why any sane person would buy this piece of junk. Its quite honestly the worst phone I've ever had in my almost 10 years being on Verizon. I prefer my old flip phones over this thing.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but someone like me would buy it at the right price to tinker. It wasn't the worst phone I laid my hands on, that would be the Eris, but it doesn't come close to the charge

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Meh I have no issues with mine. Never had any problem with it aside from not so great battery life even with an extended battery but its also my first smart phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Meh I have no issues with mine. Never had any problem with it aside from not so great battery life even with an extended battery but its also my first smart phone.

Wait until you get your next one, you will be blown away. No disrespect to the TB, but the tech is so more....evolved...than when this was "all the rage"

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Guess the Verizon will never get ICS let alone Jelly Bean. I've had my bolt since Feb of 2011 used to love it but with no updates or support from Verizon I've moved to a new Samsung Galaxy 3.
Zig 123:(

Now that's odd. How did you get your Thunderbolt before it was released? Must be a hardware test copy .....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

rls1400

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So glad I got rid of my Thunderbolt. I thought when I had it that it was fine, but now that I upgraded to the Galaxy S3, I wish I dumped it sooner.

That said, it wasn't a TERRIBLE phone. Just very quirky being the first VZW LTE phone and all.

bradg24

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Liquid had cracked the data on ICS.. Go to XDA to watch for the rom to drop. The testers say voice and data works at the same time. Mms works and 4g works.. camcorder is the bug they said needed worked on.. Ppl its time to flood the internet tell all ...

Sent from my ADR6400 using Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Liquid had cracked the data on ICS.. Go to XDA to watch for the rom to drop. The testers say voice and data works at the same time. Mms works and 4g works.. camcorder is the bug they said needed worked on.. Ppl its time to flood the internet tell all ...

Any idea when it's going to drop? Today, tomorrow, next Wednesday? Thanks.

bradg24

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when it's going to drop? Today, tomorrow, next Wednesday? Thanks.

He is tweak the kernel will post a link as soon as it drops.. I love the current one its my dd it has data but it shows 1x at 4g speeds.. Jester and Liquid (Team Liquid) are killer devs .. Try it now if you want..
ty5uty6a.jpg

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The problem with updates is the carrier, they slow down working on updates because they always want you to upgrade to the next newer better phone that makes them a profit. If I keep My TB for 4 yrs. instead of the 2 they dont make another $200 for phone plus tax and fees and any upgrades to plan OH wait they want us all to get off the unlimited anyway so why keep updating phone!!!!

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So glad I got rid of my Thunderbolt. I thought when I had it that it was fine, but now that I upgraded to the Galaxy S3, I wish I dumped it sooner.

That said, it wasn't a TERRIBLE phone. Just very quirky being the first VZW LTE phone and all.

this is EXACTLY how I feel. so glad I got an SGS3... I was fine with the tbolt, but now I realize how much better a smartphone can be.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
this is EXACTLY how I feel. so glad I got an SGS3... I was fine with the tbolt, but now I realize how much better a smartphone can be.

Just so that I can have a frame of reference, I'm wondering if you know how much better the SGS3 is than the GNexus? My wife has the Nexus and I've played around with her phone, so it would give me a good idea of the difference. Maybe dpham can chime in... I think he owns every phone released on Big Red! ;)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure he does.

My question for you is are you a flasher or do you like to stick with stock. I am not just talking root, but changing roms

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Me? Definitely a flasher, using Jester's ICS ROM right now, and I'm pretty happy with my Bolt. I guess I'm just trying to understand how much better these new phones are so that I'll know what's worth giving up my Bolt for whenever that time comes. For instance, my wife's Nexus is nicer than the Bolt, but it's not so much nicer that I felt the need to switch phones. Didn't you go from the Rezound to the SGS3? Was that a big jump?

Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63