Call auto answered...

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
on a couple of occasions, i heard someone speaking on the phone and only to realize the call was answered automatically. i check in Calls Settings and Accessibility, and 'answer automatically' was never enabled.

anyone has this strange behavior.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was the phone in your pocket? If so, it's possible that unintentional touches while in your pocket led to answering a call. Or perhaps it was a butt-dial that you unintentionally made?

Reactions: VidJunky

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Was the phone in your pocket? If so, it's possible that unintentional touches while in your pocket led to answering a call. Or perhaps it was a butt-dial that you unintentionally made?
no, my phone was sitting on the desk when the auto answer happened. that was why i was so baffled by it,

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to reproduce this?

How many times would say it's happened?

Like B. asked, are you connected to any BT device? Not just headphones or ear buds.

Did you hear the phone ring at all, because you seem surprised that there's a caller at all? Did you even know there was an incoming call?

Was it the same caller each time?

Were you in the same place, or the device in the same place? Was it plugged in charging or plugged in for data transfer?

Let us know what you find.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Have you tried to reproduce this?

How many times would say it's happened?

Like B. asked, are you connected to any BT device? Not just headphones or ear buds.

Did you hear the phone ring at all, because you seem surprised that there's a caller at all? Did you even know there was an incoming call?

Was it the same caller each time?

Were you in the same place, or the device in the same place? Was it plugged in charging or plugged in for data transfer?

Let us know what you find.
well, i am in the middle of backing up the phone to Samsung cloud as we speak, and then i heard a voice speaking and i realized the phone auto-answered a call again. while i have no clue how to reproduce this, it happens a few times in the last week or so.

no, BT is not on and I did not even hear the phone ring, let alone answer it.

the last caller just now was from Samsung but they did not leave a message.

right now, it's connected with the USB cable to my Mac because i was using Android file transfer.

i must say this is a strange behavior which i have never encountered before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why Samsung would be calling you -- had you contacted them with a service question?

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but are you certain these are calls? Could they be something else, like voice notifications from Bixby or something like that? If you haven't already, check your call log to confirm that these are actual calls that the phone is answering.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
In addition to checking your call log, do you use WhatsApp for calls or anything like where someone might leave you a voice message rather than text or actually call you?

You say you hear voices but do you actually pick up the phone and talk to any of these calls or do you miss them by the time you realize? If you do get to talk them it might be worth it to ask them if they called or tried to contact your some other way.

This is peculiar to say the least.

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
All very mysterious, as well as intriguing, with equally intriguing questions. :unsure:

After reading @B. Diddy 's & @mustang7757 's & @VidJunky 's questions . . I feel like I've been listening to Chief Inspector Hercule Poirot, the best detective in the world, as he questions the passangers on the infamous Orient Express!

"If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything." — Hercule Poirot

"Whatever people say, there is right. There is wrong. There is nothing in-between." — Hercule Poirot

"Everything must be taken into account; if the fact will not fit the theory - let the theory go." — Hercule Poirot

"With method and logic, one can accomplish anything." — Hercule Poirot

:) . . . Ahhh, it feels like the case is close to being sol-veded !

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
All very mysterious, as well as intriguing, with equally intriguing questions. :unsure:

After reading @B. Diddy 's & @mustang7757 's & @VidJunky 's questions . . I feel like I've been listening to Chief Inspector Hercule Poirot, the best detective in the world, as he questions the passangers on the infamous Orient Express!

"If you are to be Hercule Poirot, you must think of everything." — Hercule Poirot

"Whatever people say, there is right. There is wrong. There is nothing in-between." — Hercule Poirot

"Everything must be taken into account; if the fact will not fit the theory - let the theory go." — Hercule Poirot

"With method and logic, one can accomplish anything." — Hercule Poirot

:) . . . Ahhh, it feels like the case is close to being sol-veded !
Sounds like unsolved mystery