Call decline doesn't always work

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
When I choose to decline a call on my watch, it doesn't always decline the call on the phone. (It does always stop vibrating on my watch.)

Is anybody else having this problem? Sometimes restarting my watch makes it work again, but not always.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
When I choose to decline a call on my watch, it doesn't always decline the call on the phone. (It does always stop vibrating on my watch.)

Is anybody else having this problem? Sometimes restarting my watch makes it work again, but not always.

I've noticed the same thing but I just chalked it up to fat fingers/user error.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
funny, I just noticed this today and wondered what happened. mine was working just fine and now all of a sudden it appears to be hit and miss.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
funny, I just noticed this today and wondered what happened. mine was working just fine and now all of a sudden it appears to be hit and miss.

Restarting my watch didn't help yesterday, but restarting my phone did. Honestly, I don't mind if I have to restart my phone every now and then. But if it starts happening multiple times a day, I'll be pretty annoyed, as that is one of the basic features I want in a smart watch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Your comment about touch sensitivity. The issue is that while the watch stops vibrating/ringing, it continues to ring on the phone.
Ahh.. thought issue was declining the call on the watch and why i mentioned touch sensitivity on the watch

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I should have pointed out in the first post that I am using a Pixel. I imagine this is likely not an issue on a Samsung phone.

Anyhow, I had to reset my phone a couple times yesterday. This is quite frustrating. I really want to stick with it, because I don't like the Pixel watch, and I'd rather not switch to iPhone (to get an Apple Watch). But this is a pretty basic feature that I'd like to work correctly on my smartwatch

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I should have pointed out in the first post that I am using a Pixel. I imagine this is likely not an issue on a Samsung phone.

Anyhow, I had to reset my phone a couple times yesterday. This is quite frustrating. I really want to stick with it, because I don't like the Pixel watch, and I'd rather not switch to iPhone (to get an Apple Watch). But this is a pretty basic feature that I'd like to work correctly on my smartwatch
Maybe thats the issue, using a pixel phone?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Maybe thats the issue, using a pixel phone?

It certainly might be, but it shouldn't be if you know what I am saying. I had no problems doing the same thing with Active2 and my Pixel. And again, it works sometimes with my 5. But it is something that should always work. I am sure Samsung would say it is Google's fault and vice-versa.

But either way, it is frustrating to have one of the most basic features that should work on a smart watch not work. And again, I have no interest in the Pixel watch. Nor am I interested in going back to a Samsung phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It certainly might be, but it shouldn't be if you know what I am saying. I had no problems doing the same thing with Active2 and my Pixel. And again, it works sometimes with my 5. But it is something that should always work. I am sure Samsung would say it is Google's fault and vice-versa.

But either way, it is frustrating to have one of the most basic features that should work on a smart watch not work. And again, I have no interest in the Pixel watch. Nor am I interested in going back to a Samsung phone
Also the Samsung watches use tizen OS

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Also the Samsung watches use tizen OS

The Active2, yes. If anything though, it makes it stranger that it is not working reliably with the Watch5 considering it is (Samsun's version of) WearOS. It is a feature that should work with any Android phone.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Probably something changed each version?

But again, this is a feature that should work, and should work reliably. It's not like the ECG, for example, that is specific to only Samsung phones. Whether it's due to Samsung or Google, it is some kind of bug. My concern is that when I google search to see if anybody else is having the problem, I don't see any examples. So I am not confident this will be addressed. And this really is a "must have" feature for me for a smart watch.

EDIT: I have now found a single reddit thread on it with some people having a comparable issue with the Watch4. Makes me even less optimistic about it being handled since it's an issue that has been around for 2 iterations of the watch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But again, this is a feature that should work, and should work reliably. It's not like the ECG, for example, that is specific to only Samsung phones. Whether it's due to Samsung or Google, it is some kind of bug. My concern is that when I google search to see if anybody else is having the problem, I don't see any examples. So I am not confident this will be addressed. And this really is a "must have" feature for me for a smart watch.
I agree with you but the watch is really made for Samsung but lets see if any other members can chime in