Can anyone help me with some Bluetooth and USB issues?

Gobot565

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth and USB issue

Ok so over the weekend I was driving down the road listening to music via the bluetooth connection between my Note 3 and my alpine CDE-HD149BT. All of a sudden the music stopped but when I looked at my phone it showed it was still playing. So I unpaired the two and played the song again just to see if sound would come out of the phone. It did so I tried to reconnect the phone to the head unit but nothing. Funny thing is it was still connected via phone just not media. I called my wife on it just to make sure that worked and it did. For some reason it can't connect to share media files the only thing it can do now is make phone calls. That's issue #1.

I get to work this morning and plug my phone into the computer and instead of listing it as Samsung SM-N900A it just shows it as a camera. What!? Man why can't this phone stay out of it's own way? It seems like every week I'm dealing with a new issue I didn't have before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth and USB issue

Welcome to Android Central! Give the community a little time to answer posts--there are lots of new ones each day, and we can't get to all of them within 2 hours!:)

In regards to the Bluetooth connection, go to Settings>Bluetooth, tap on the settings icon next to the car stereo entry, and make sure "Media Audio" is checked on. I'm not sure why it would suddenly become unchecked, but that could certainly be the issue.

When you connect your phone to your computer via USB, swipe down the notification shade and tap the USB Connection notification. Then make sure it's set to MTP, not PTP (PTP will make the computer recognize the phone as a camera).

Gobot565

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

thanks for the reply. In regards to the media box being checked that's kind of the issue. it's not checked and when I try to check it, it won't do anything. That was one of the first things I tried. What's strange is that is ended it's connection in the middle of a song. I also can't understand why it would stay connected to make phone calls but nothing else. Messed up.

Gobot565

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Well I tried it out and still the same problem. This time it says it's connected on the Samsung to phone and media but when I play music no sound comes out and it says "no unit" on the Alpine. Any other ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Which thing did you try--the cache partition wipe or a reset of the Alpine?

Gobot565

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I really don't know of a way to reset the Alpine (maybe disconnecting the battery) so I just did the cache on the phone.

Gobot565

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Well I just tried to connect a co-workers Iphone and it had the same issue. It says it's connected on the phone and when a media file is played no sound comes out of the phone or the car. It's like it's connected but the head unit doesn't think so. I'm starting to think it's the head unit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think you're right. How old is the head unit? Can you contact Alpine?

rleejr79

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Any remedy yet? I also have the 149BT with the same issue with my new Note. It connects the shows "no unit". I also reset the stereo without success.

aSilvrHaze

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
download the c500 firmware from alpine. directions are on linked page. This one worked for my 149BT. This isn't really updating your firmware, just refreshing it.

**can't link, not enough posts. Search google for alpine update firmware, the third result down should be Bluetooth Firmware Update - Alpine, and the address for it should have 147BTupdate in it somewhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf