Can I change the app shortcuts on LG Lucid lock screen?

HackMyHeart

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone! Apologies if I'm not posting in the right place, but I didn't see a forum for the LG Lucid.

Basically, I just want to switch out one of the app shortcuts on my lock screen with a different app. I've seen apps that change the lock screen entirely, but I'm just wondering if there's a way to change which apps are there without changing it completely?

Thanks in advance!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Which App do you want to change & to what?
By that I mean do you:
- want to change (for example) from the stock SMS App to a 3rd-party SMS App? If that's the case, then it might work the same as the SGS3 - go to the default App & remove it from being default then launch it from the lock screen & it should prompt you to set a default
~OR~
- want to change (for example) from the stock SMS App to another App all together such as another misc. App? If that's the case, then I'm not sure.

You might want to consider a 3rd-party lock screen such as WidgetLocker--> https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.teslacoilsw.widgetlocker&token=VVYNNHAx

Last edited:

HackMyHeart

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I would like to change the stock camera app to Camera Zoom Fx. I'll try out the first method you listed, and see if it works. =)

Thanks for the recommendation as well! I'm not sure I want to go the third-party route just yet, but it's always nice to have another option to consider.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to change the stock camera app to Camera Zoom Fx. I'll try out the first method you listed...

It might not work for the Camera but here's how:
1) Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> All (tab)--> scroll to "Camera"--> "Clear defaults" (if "Camera" isn't listed, do it for "Gallery" instead)
2) When that's done, go to your Lock Screen & tap the Camera icon - it should hopefully then prompt you to select a "default" with a "Complete action with" pop-up

Keep in mind that by doing this, every App that would normally launch the stock Camera App will now instead launch the one you set.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky