Can I change the Call History settings on my phone?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a Moto Z Play, running Android 8. I went to my phone's Call History to check on when certain calls occurred in mid-October, 2022, but my History only went back as far as late October. I'm assuming that the call data before that is gone (correct me if I'm mistaken). Ongoing, I would like to change the History settings to save records for the past 6 months. I don't see an option like that. Is there a way for me to do that?

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
The call history is actually saved by the amount of items it contains. Most Android phones limit the call history to the last 500, 1000 or 2000 calls, depending on your model. You'd either have to get another dialer app that'll save the call history into its own database or use a call history backup app to make backups of your call history to check it later. The last option would be to root your phone and install some kind of mod that would extend Android's call history. I too find this arbitrary limitation of the call history a bit annoying.

I myself got over this limitation by regularly backing up my call history using the SMS Backup & Restore app by SyncTech (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&gl=US). There are also other apps you can use.