Can I get a second phone number for free?

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have ads on Craig's list and I don't want to post my phone number. I was wondering if there are any cool free apps for that?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Voliam

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't post my number on CL ads, I only send it via return email when someone replies to the ad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't post my number on craiglist but my friend replied to an ad email and nobody answered when he called and then he started getting lots of spam phone calls.

Why dose Google voice want to delete my voice mails?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Definitely google voice is the way to go. It has a separate voicemail plus texting. Its free to use and you can even help pick your own number.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has Google Voice Integration, which you probably don't want to do (it will make your Sprint number the same as your Google Voice Number).

Go to http://voice.google.com and sign up there for the second phone number and don't do the integration. From that website, you can get a second number, and then just have your phone (Sprint's number) ring when someone calls it.

I believe by installing Google Voice on your phone, it's probably trying to do the integration.

ameliaolivia18

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, djjeffa. :) There is a second phone number application like Zoē Multiline that offers free trial service.

With Zoē Multiline, you make calls and send text without using your personal phone number.
You can choose your own mobile phone number and you can also choose the area code you want to use.
Aside from that, there is a call blocking feature. I hope this helps. ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Set up an entirely new number on Google Voice. Don't connect it to your mobile number.

Once it's set up, have it forward to your mobile number. It'll give you a 2 digit code, call your mobile number and you'll have to enter that 2 digit number into your mobile phone, to verify that the number you forwarded to is really you.

From then on, when someone calls your Google Voice number, it'll ring on your mobile phone. (You can forward to more than one number at a time, so your mobile phone, your home phone and your wife's phone will all ring when someone calls your GV number.)