Can I get some help connecting my email account?

A

AC Question

I cannot connect my email account and would appreciate some help please

I have had my Amazon Kindle Fire HD7 since Saturday 23rd inst. I have managed to get most things I required from this device such as Facebook, Ebay etc, however, I cannot seem to access my email account. My service provider is Sky and this device just will not accept my email address and password. Last night I was on the phone for over an hour to a technician with my provider and he was as frustrated as I am and in the end the only suggestion was to take it to a shop, without telling them that I purchased it from Amazon and ask them to process the incoming and outgoing servers to see if this would solve the problem. In my opinion I bought it from Amazon so Amazon should solve the problem. I`ve been onto the instruction manuals website and watched every video, to no avail. It keeps telling me to scroll down from the top of the device and then to choose the "more" option and my device does not have this option. I hope someone can help me and if not then I will return it and find an alternative. Thanks in anticipation

anon(9424572)

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: I cannot connect my email account and would appreciate some help please

To add an email address pull down from the top & more should be the top right-hand choice (white circle with a black cross), choose 'My account' then 'Manage Email, Contacts, Calendars' & choose add account.
Settings for Sky are:
Incoming:
imap.tools.sky.com
SSL on/ticked
Port 993
Outgoing:
smtp.tools.sky.com
SSL on/ticked
Port 465

These are thesettings on my sky account on Kindle Fire 2012 version.
An alternative way is to open the email app - if you haven't created any account it'll open on the manage email page as mentioned above so just choose create account, if you already have added an account then open the mail app & click on the three vertical dots at the top of the page & choose settings, this will take you to the manage accounts page.
HTH,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seth59