Can I get some help with a weird situation with wifi?

BaBa Netach

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
weird situation with wifi

hey everyone! first time here so i hope im doing this in the right place...
im trying to help a friend with her Note 3 neo. I can't turn on the wifi and it seems like the phone cant do it either :) when i slide the top and tap on the wifi logo it turns "half green" meaning it just tries to but doesn't really get anywhere. if i go to wifi settings and try to turn it on there it will say that its turning on but still nothing will happen and it will stay in that state.
I'll attach here some screen shots from the process to make it easier to understand.
2015-11-03-23-50-42.png
2015-11-03-23-51-32.png
2015-11-04 13.43.27.png
2015-11-05-15-32-30.png
I have to say that I'm pretty technical but cant seem to figure this one out, but when my friend went to the phone mechanic he said that the problem is to do with the camera. he said that he can fix the wifi but then the camera won't work. sounds strange but i won't be surprised from technology these days...

any help will be really appreciated!
Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: weird situation with wifi

Welcome to the forums. I haven't seen this issue in a while. Reflashing the stock ROM might help. Do you have a Samsung support center near you?

BaBa Netach

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

i think there might be a support place near by. funny i havn't thought about going there as she bought the phone from a random place and not from an official retailer. would that be a problem? will they say some bull**** about that if it's not bought from them?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

If the device is a genuine Samsung, and you didn't try to gain root access to the OS, then there should be no issues.

BaBa Netach

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

yeah it seems to be genuine and i havn't rooted it so i hope they can help. does samsung have some kind of warranty? its probably even less then a year old...

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

yeah it seems to be genuine and i havn't rooted it so i hope they can help. does samsung have some kind of warranty? its probably even less then a year old...

Should be at least a 1 year warranty for the OS.