Can I get some help with an LG G4 USB connection to PC issue?

oyaccarini

Jul 12, 2016
Visit site
I know that the original user question is solved, but I wanted to offer this tip for a related problem. I updated the Android OS on my LG G4 phone and it changed the USB settings on my phone to allow only charging via USB. (I was using the same USB cable that came with the phone.) The menu option to change the setting doesn't seem to exist in a path from Settings. ("USB PC Connection" is gone from Settings>Storage & USB, and there is no menu option.) However, once you plug in the phone, you will get a notification that the USB cable is connected. (Look on your phone's display or in the icon displays at the top left. The USB icon should be displayed.) You can pull down and click on this to get directly to the Settings page. You can then change the option from "Charge Phone" to "Media sync (MTP)." If the phone later prompts you to allow the phone to sync your files or allow the PC to access your files, you need to allow this.

Thank you CaspianSea!

Last edited by a moderator:

kozdraz

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I was stuck on this issue for ages on both my android phones. I have a G4 too. I just went on Settings > Share and Connect > Media Server > Content Sharing and turn it on.

Then "unknown would like to access your device" would pop up. Give it permission.

After that go in File Explorer and go on This PC. Click on "Access Media" on the top part of the window. Then when it searches it would find G4. Connect to it and BOOM! :) Good luck

Greg Tomilson

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: LG G4 USB connection to PC issue

Hello,
I am trying to simply connect my LG G4 to my PC in order to access files from the phone, and to be able to insert my own files from the PC on to the phone. ...

Thank you.

With your Android phone plugged into your PC via data-capable USB cable (not a cable just for charging) swipe down from the top to reveal the process labelled "Charging only" and tap it. A dialog pops up labelled "Use USB connection for" and select "File transfer".

You should now see the file structure in your PC browser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23