Can Voodoo be done on a stock but rooted Froyo?

fluidj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't want a custom ROM, I just want Voodoo lagfix to see if it helps with the sluggishness i've been experiencing lately. Can this be done? Or do you have to install a custom ROM to get Voodoo?

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't want a custom ROM, I just want Voodoo lagfix to see if it helps with the sluggishness i've been experiencing lately. Can this be done? Or do you have to install a custom ROM to get Voodoo?

You don't have to have a custom rom to have voodoo. What makes voodoo is the kernel. So you could flash a voodoo kernel of your choice in CWM, enable lagfix, and reboot and you would be running voodoo.

Reactions: fluidj

fluidj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to have a custom rom to have voodoo. What makes voodoo is the kernel. So you could flash a voodoo kernel of your choice in CWM, enable lagfix, and reboot and you would be running voodoo.

Ahh.. THANKS!
any suggestions on the most current Voodoo Kernal location?

fluidj

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the assistance folks! I'm now voodoo'd. I can tell it's snappier already. I didn't notice lag at all when I first got this phone, but I guess 5+ months of installing apps, downloading files, configuring, etc. has helped to gum up the crummy file system that Samsung used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174