Can you recommend a good replacement phone?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Being as the Moto G doesn't have LTE: That's not a problem.

Uh ok. I was responding to jdevenberg's thought that a Verizon Moto G might get LTE access when it launches in Q1 2014. It won't because it's launching on prepaid. Which also means it's not an option for the OP since Verizon won't let you immediately put one of their prepaid phones on a postpaid line.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon announced that the Motorola Moto G is coming to their prepaid network, which does not have access to their 4G LTE network, in Q1 2014.

AFAIK, you can't use a Verizon prepaid device on a post paid account immediately.

Ah, I didn't realize Verizon wasn't okay with that. I'm on AT&T so I'm used to just popping my SIM into whatever compatible phone I want to use.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I didn't realize Verizon wasn't okay with that. I'm on AT&T so I'm used to just popping my SIM into whatever compatible phone I want to use.

They used to be. Back in the day, I replaced my E815 with a prepaid RAZR V3c (V3cpp). They closed that loophole a few months later. I think the phone needs to be activated on prepaid for a certain amount of time before it is allowed on a postpaid line now.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They used to be. Back in the day, I replaced my E815 with a prepaid RAZR V3c (V3cpp). They closed that loophole a few months later. I think the phone needs to be activated on prepaid for a certain amount of time before it is allowed on a postpaid line now.

I see. I left Verizon in 2010 and haven't really kept up with their policies since, so my information is admittedly quite dated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf