Cannot enter recovery mode

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
I have a Telus Galaxy Note 3 (Lollipop) rooted . I flashed TWRP with Odin with no issues.
However, I'm trying to get into recovery mode and I can't.
Pressing Power + Vol up + menu key seems to start recovery mode showing a couple of colored text lines but after a few seconds it reboots not fully entering recovery mode.
Also these text lines are from the stock recovery not from TWRP which is the custom recovery that it's supposed to replace it. So somehow TWRP is ignored.

I've also tried several tools that are supposed to auto reboot in recovery mode instead of using the hardware buttons, they all give me the same results described above but it's actually worse because then I enter a reboot loop and the phone keeps trying to enter the incomplete recovery mode as explained above. The only way to break the loop is to go to download mode and flash again TWRP with Odin and then I can at least boot normally.
Any suggestions on what can cause this behavior ?
Thanks

Last edited:

anon(3900582)

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
UPDATE

I solved it by installing the Stock recovery and now I can access it normally. However, ROM Manager still shows that I have CWM and TWRP installed. How can I uninstall them ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenw0419