Cannot find Mode > High Accuracy in Location

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Trying to fix GPS issues on my Pixel 3. Everyone says to go to Location > Mode > High Accuracy.

I go to Location and only have the following:

Recent location requests - See all
App access to location
Wifi and Bluetooth scanning
Emergency location service (turned on)
Google Location Accuracy (turned on)
Google Location History
Google Location Sharing

Location is turned on at the top. Google Location Accuracy is turned on. Turning both of these off and on again has not resulted in better GPS connectivity.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The "High Accuracy" option is old. The Google Location Accuracy option you pointed out replaced it.

Also make sure Wi-fi and Bluetooth Scanning are turned on, since that might also help with accuracy.

There can be various reasons for poor GPS accuracy or reception. Are you having problems when you're in a building, or driving in a city with lots of skyscrapers?

lundynmourn

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out it's old info. A little frustrating that Google's own instructions were telling me that, but such is life.

Wifi and Bluetooth scanning is turned on. As with the others, I've tried turning it off and on again with no improvement. Anything that could be turned on in all the Location options is turned on.

This is a new issue, only started last month. It will not lose GPS signal in Google Maps until I get in my car and leave my home network. My car is old and does not have Android Auto/Bluetooth capability.

I originally suspected my carrier. However, my partner is on the same carrier, same account, but uses a OneTouch phone and has no GPS issues. We can be in our individual cars, going to the same location, both using Google Maps, out in the suburbs, but they have no GPS connectivity issues whereas mine is like a broken record telling me I've lost signal.

Because my partner isn't experiencing issues I started suspecting my Pixel 3 as a potential culprit.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for pointing out it's old info. A little frustrating that Google's own instructions were telling me that, but such is life.

Wifi and Bluetooth scanning is turned on. As with the others, I've tried turning it off and on again with no improvement. Anything that could be turned on in all the Location options is turned on.

This is a new issue, only started last month. It will not lose GPS signal in Google Maps until I get in my car and leave my home network. My car is old and does not have Android Auto/Bluetooth capability.

I originally suspected my carrier. However, my partner is on the same carrier, same account, but uses a OneTouch phone and has no GPS issues. We can be in our individual cars, going to the same location, both using Google Maps, out in the suburbs, but they have no GPS connectivity issues whereas mine is like a broken record telling me I've lost signal.

Because my partner isn't experiencing issues I started suspecting my Pixel 3 as a potential culprit.
Hi, welcome to AC!
Whos your carrier? You can try network reset in settings, in settings top search bar type network reset see if that fixes your issues

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've turned on Airplane Mode when hiking and there's limited connectivity that would chew up the battery and still used the GPS so I don't know if it is carrier related for even bt or wifi.

There are some gps status programs in Google Store.

Does it also lose signal outside of the car? Some interference? Or is this a new issue with the Pixel and it worked in that same car before?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred