Question Can't get Amazon Music into Android Auto

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I have identical phones (Samsung S10). We have the same version of Android, the same version of Android Auto and the same version of Amazon Music installed.

Initially, Amazon Music wouldn't come up in Android Auto for me. I went into Android Auto settings / General / Customize launcher and found it listed at the bottom under "hidden apps". I checked it, putting it up in the top list and now it works fine in my car.

Taking the exact same steps, I can't find Amazon Music on my wife's phone in those Customize launcher settings. As far as I can tell, *all* of our settings are identical, but perhaps there's something I'm missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Android Auto on a regular basis (nor Amazon Music, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't test this myself. But what if she uninstalls Amazon Music, then reinstalls it again?

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't use Android Auto on a regular basis (nor Amazon Music, for that matter), so I'm afraid I can't test this myself. But what if she uninstalls Amazon Music, then reinstalls it again?

If you have no experience with it, you should not be the one to provide the correct answer. (Good call.)

When I reinstalled it, it asked me if I want to enable bluetooth. I said yes. I wonder if that wasn't done on the initial install and perhaps that was the problem.

Thanks!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have no experience with it, you should not be the one to provide the correct answer. (Good call.)

When I reinstalled it, it asked me if I want to enable bluetooth. I said yes. I wonder if that wasn't done on the initial install and perhaps that was the problem.

Thanks!!
Hmm, so is it working correctly now on her phone, or does the problem still persist?

FYI, there are still many times when people can give good suggestions about various issues without direct experience, because there are some common threads that run through many different aspects of Android (or tech in general). I was just giving a caveat that I'm unable to test it myself.

Reactions: J Dubbs and rvbfan

enchant1

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, so is it working correctly now on her phone, or does the problem still persist?

FYI, there are still many times when people can give good suggestions about various issues without direct experience, because there are some common threads that run through many different aspects of Android (or tech in general). I was just giving a caveat that I'm unable to test it myself.

Oh, I'm sorry - I was making a joke. Your solution solved my problem and I'm very grateful for your help.