Can't see Vizio Bluetooth sound bar

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a vizio 5.1 sound bar with Bluetooth. My tab S does not see the sound bar. The sound bar just does not appear on the list of available Bluetooth devices. Refresh many times, reboot, etc. My old iPad 2 can see and connect fine.

Does any one else have trouble seeing vizio branded speakers with their tab S?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you made the sound bar findable?

From page 20 of the manual (here, if you can't find yours):

"Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the Sound Bar for five (5) seconds or use the BT Pair menu option from the remote (see “Adjusting Sound Bar Settings” on page 15). When the Sound Bar is in Bluetooth Pairing Mode, the LED Indicators on the Display Panel on the front of the Sound Bar will light sequentially from left to right and back again."

Do that, then look for it in the phone, then pair it.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can the Vizio be paired with more than one device? Do you have to set it into some pairing mode?

Do you have to unpair what it is already paired to?

barth2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes I did put it in pairing mode.

Did not occur to me I need to unpair it with other devices since they were not connected. That does not seem to be the case since I'd previously paired it with an iPad and an iPod touch. I'll give it a shot though.

FF22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did put it in pairing mode.

Did not occur to me I need to unpair it with other devices since they were not connected. That does not seem to be the case since I'd previously paired it with an iPad and an iPod touch. I'll give it a shot though.

You may not have to actually UNpair it (unless it can only pair with one device at a time) but you may have to DISCONNECT it. I have found that if I've paired and used a Bluetooth speaker or headphone set with my phone and then try using it with my tablets, sometimes it won't work. I may have to actively break the connection to the phone. The first or earlier connection is what the BT speakers first link back up with.

But I think BT is still quirky and devices work differently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87