Can't sync my work schedule to calendar on new phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My job uses an app called Logile Connect to let employees easily view their schedules from their smartphone. On my former phone, a ZTE Zmax2, I was able to tap an icon that would add my upcoming schedule to automatically become events that would display on my calendar. It was lovely. If it matters, I'm on AT&T and was using an app to display a calendar widget (MCW Calendar I think it was).

So, a couple weeks ago that phone unexpectedly stopped working. The next day I go and buy an LG Phoenix Plus, and go to setting everything back up. Nothing was set up to backup and sync to a new phone, so I had to start over with most stuff. I set up the Logile Connect the next day, and give it permission to access my calendar, but new events are not showing up on my Calendar app for it. I'm just using the default Calendar app on the phone, which I believe is Google Calendar.

At this point I don't know what to try. I've tried going into app settings and permissions to make sure everything is doing what it's supposed to. I don't know if it's an operating system difference, or if it's adding events to the Calendar wrong, or what. When I tap on a workday to add it to the calendar, it creates a popup window, titled "Alert" which simply says "test".

Hoping somebody has a suggestion for something to try that I haven't thought of.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you know if that Logile Connect app creates a separate calendar to add events to? In your Google Calendar app, tap Menu>Settings>[your Google account]>Manage Labels, and see if there's a separate calendar for Logile Connect. If so, tap it and make sure sync is turned on. Then on your main Google Calendar screen, make sure that calendar's display is toggled on.

Mindy Zimmerman

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I think my setup is a little different from what you describe, but I have checked under my Menu, I have both "Calendars to sync" and "Calendars to display" available. Both do not have a separate calendar available. I have on these, "Phone", my google account, and Holidays set to sync & display.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried finding some kind of support page for Logile Connect on the web, but couldn't find any. Do you remember if it was previously adding your work events to your main Google account calendar (i.e., "Events")?

I realize this might be futile, but does your work have tech support that can help? Hopefully they're pretty familiar with Logile Connect ...

Mindy Zimmerman

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Honestly, I don't know exactly how it worked before, just that it did. Don't need to know the particulars until it breaks, right? :p I know that I handled calendar-related things through the widget app I mentioned, and that when I got my new phone nothing carried over, so I assume it just went into the Phone's calendar rather than onto my Google account calendar.

I really doubt it but I can ask. I didn't find sources on Google about the app myself, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001