Can't transfer files to PC -- Wont recognize device

flameonbro

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Using a samsung galaxy s2 - epic 4g touch;

I used to(a while ago) be able to just plug my usb into my computer and phone and drag and drop photos no problem. Now I'm having a multitude of problems. For instance;

-Will constantly make the 'bloop' noise on my computer that a usb device is connected(OVER AND OVER) but does not ever show the phone connected( i tried multiuple usb 2.0and 3.0 ports; as well as cleaning phone, and phone cable)

-Will occasionally go into I guess driving mode or dock mode? when connected(the 'dashboard/homescreen') goes to a weird set of screens I've never seen before or used

I've downloaded Kies Air, Sprint USB device driver, Samsung device driver; and now plugging my phone in to my computer doesn't even recognize that anythigns there at all.

I am now uninstalling all the sprint, samsung, etc things that I have and starting from scratch...

Any help getting all my files ported over to my computer...Would be great. I browsed a lot of threads and posts but many seem to be outdated or not relevant...So thanks in advance!

flameonbro

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Two things to try first:

1. Use a wireless file transfer solution like AirDroid or Wifi File Explorer.

2. Try wiping the phone's system cache partition using these instructions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html. Sometimes clearing some of the temporary system gunk out can make things work a little better.

Just downloaded air droid and about to download all sd contents and phone contents as zip file via local connectivity, sounds like the best and only way to get all my files/pictures/ringtones/etc in one go?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Are you able to transfer files individually instead of as a zip file?

Posted via Android Central App