Carriers or HTC - Not pushing the 10?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Is HTC not doing anything to market the 10???

I have been to Verizon and T-Mo stores (arounf 7 of them) in the West Palm Beach, FL market and there is zero marketing materials for the 10.

No counter cards... not window clings... no banners or standees...

I had to go and ask if they even had in stock...

Can sell if no one knows you got them, right?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The two Verizon stores where I live have the HTC 10 showing on the wall above some cell phones on display but its in the back of the store. I just wish it was at the front of the store instead.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
When I went to the Sprint store, they had a huge display with a cardboad HTC 10 hanging above the phone on display. You could see it as soon as you walked in the door.

allnighter246

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
In the Verizon store it was in the back and I didn't see any advertisements. The tmobile launch has been less than stellar, no stores in my area even have it in stock even though the launch date was yestetday. So maybe once they have it in stock they will advertise it more but who knows.

I did see an advertisement for the HTC 10 on HULU though.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
The store marketing of HTC flagships has been a major problem for a few cycles now - I think this is more of a problem that needs to be addressed than being able to run ads. HTC really needs to focus on those marketing materials and placements in the stores and working to get sales people bought into the product enough to sell it.

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
When I got mine a week ago at a Verizon corporate store, I got the last one. Or they only had one. The display model was just sitting on a counter plugged into a non working ac adapter, the security device covering the back camera so you couldn't even take a picture. The kiosk next to it was a massive Droid Maxx/Turbo 2 thing with signage all over it. Abyssmal.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I've been looking at the HTC 10 as a possible second phone and the Verizon store I go to in the Orlando metro area has 2 in stock and one on display.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I think HTC is at a serious disadvantage here. If they invest marketing dollars into brick and mortar store advertising, I don't they'd see much improvement in sales to justify the costs associated with it. It seems like when I walk into stores, Samsung banner adds are everywhere and occupy high traffic areas. Not to mention they have most end cap displays with either a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, rarely if ever an HTC. I saw the same thing last year where most stores didn't even have a working M9 on display, while the HTC devices in general were tucked into the far end of the store without any prominent HTC banners above them.

Even when I went into AT&T the only HTC device they had was the A9 and it was barely noticeable. The local Best Buy only has the Desire 626 on display,for HTC devices. I'm hoping I can at least find a Verizon store that has one on display.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon store had it on a stand right as you walked in the door with 2 of the Desire phones. It was like 10 feet into the door. Beyond that there isnt much else around for advertisement. But my local store is undergoing huge makeover on over half the store so not likely to have all the signs up since they are missing a whole wall.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The local Verizon store didn't want me to take the chance with it because they had recently issues with the old-fashioned models. I'm in a rural area and it is hit or miss

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC needs to do something. If they aren't going to advertise this till the cows come home through the media, then in store advertising is what they need to do. Make those banners as big or bigger than Sammie's. Get reps in stores to make sure shenanigans like covering the camera isn't happening.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine at the Verizon store today, back wall with a big photo know the wall. The Republicans seemed genuinely surprised when I told him what I wanted, said it was the first one he had sold

allnighter246

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
I think HTC is at a serious disadvantage here. If they invest marketing dollars into brick and mortar store advertising, I don't they'd see much improvement in sales to justify the costs associated with it. It seems like when I walk into stores, Samsung banner adds are everywhere and occupy high traffic areas. Not to mention they have most end cap displays with either a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, rarely if ever an HTC. I saw the same thing last year where most stores didn't even have a working M9 on display, while the HTC devices in general were tucked into the far end of the store without any prominent HTC banners above them.

Even when I went into AT&T the only HTC device they had was the A9 and it was barely noticeable. The local Best Buy only has the Desire 626 on display,for HTC devices. I'm hoping I can at least find a Verizon store that has one on display.

The thing is, as far as I can remember HTC has never had much marketing presence in the stores.. I'm talking about at least in the past 6 years. I don't know if marketing presence would work or not but you just can't rely on techies and people who are really into gadgets to support your entire business. They need to get the general consumer and the general consumer might just simply overlook the phone without any in store advertisements.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Got mine at the Verizon store today, back wall with a big photo know the wall. The ((((Republicans)))) seemed genuinely surprised when I told him what I wanted, said it was the first one he had sold

¿Que?