Case to carry spare battery in

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Is there such a thing? Apparently my search skills are awful, because I'm not finding anything. Without purchasing the OEM charger/battery kit, where would one find just a simple plastic case that houses JUST the spare battery to protect it in your purse for example? Surely there's something like that available for purchase, isn't there?

How do YOU care a spare battery? Naked, or in some sort of protective case?

If anyone knows where to purchase one or two, I'd be very thankful!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there such a thing? Apparently my search skills are awful, because I'm not finding anything. Without purchasing the OEM charger/battery kit, where would one find just a simple plastic case that houses JUST the spare battery to protect it in your purse for example? Surely there's something like that available for purchase, isn't there?

How do YOU care a spare battery? Naked, or in some sort of protective case?

If anyone knows where to purchase one or two, I'd be very thankful!

Not sure you can purchase them separately, but they do make them. I bought the Samsung spare battery charging kit, and it comes with a nice little snap case for the spare battery. I can't for the life of me find them available on their own, though.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure you can purchase them separately, but they do make them. I bought the Samsung spare battery charging kit, and it comes with a nice little snap case for the spare battery. I can't for the life of me find them available on their own, though.

Yeah, I knew that the charging kit would come with one, you'd just think that there's some way to search for one to buy by itself.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I knew that the charging kit would come with one, you'd just think that there's some way to search for one to buy by itself.

They're stamped with the Samsung logo, but I'm sure they aren't the manufacturer. They likely commissioned some case company to make them to their specifications, so the likelihood of any company other than Samsung making them available is very slim.

While not a perfect fit, if you're just looking for something to protect a battery, you can find all sorts of small containers at The Container Store. Here are a couple quick hits...they probably have lots of other options. Good luck!

http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10037585&N=&Nao=60&Ntt=snap
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10032264&N=&Nao=60&Ntt=snap
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10029772&N=&Ntt=snap
http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10035359&N=&Nao=60&Ntt=snap

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There's a plastic snap case that comes with the spare battery kit. It's not fancy, but definitely gets the job done.

Yup, I knew that, was looking for ones sold separately. I also vape , and it's easy to find battery cases for those spare batteries. This seems like it should be standard, but I guess not.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a separate case for a spare battery. Maybe that's why they included the one I mentioned. I've never seen ANY such case with batteries for any of my other phones.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen a separate case for a spare battery. Maybe that's why they included the one I mentioned. I've never seen ANY such case with batteries for any of my other phones.

Oh I agree, I've never seen them before either. Just seems odd to me that they aren't something people would want.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems there would be a need for such a case, especially for folks who don't want to damage the battery by just carrying it loosely in a pocket or purse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila