Cases for the Nexus 6P

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just received my 6p today! Fortunately less than an hour later my supcase the thin version showed up. Well I've got the phone set up how I want it for the most part and I really like it. The case doesn't really add bulk to the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

pioneertmb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My Ringke is a little loose around the bezel and is a fingerprint magnet. I got a scratch on the bottom left corner bc it isn't snug enough. Phone was in my back pocket and I went to pick up my daughter and it scrapped against the wall. I just grazed the wall, and it moved the case right off.

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thats what i want to pic up. I had the same verus on my note5 and i loved that case. I heard that the 6P omes had issues with the charging port lining up though. Are all your ports lined up?

Posted via the Android Central App

That case looks sick! Ima save it for later. I like it a lot. Does it make the phone bulky?

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My Spigen Ultra Hybrid was actually delivered today and I like it so far. Doesn't add really any bulk and also adds grip!!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats what i want to pic up. I had the same verus on my note5 and i loved that case. I heard that the 6P omes had issues with the charging port lining up though. Are all your ports lined up?

They sent me a replacement that works just fine.... It was a hair too small when I got it new... I used a nail file to shave it enough to easily fit until the replacement came.. The ones they sell now should be just fine.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
After several hours, I'm back to the Ringke Fusion. Of the 4 cases I have (Supcase Unicorn Beetle, Official Google Case, Ringke Fusion, Spigen Ultra Hybrid) the Ringke is far and away the best. It's not bulky. I can still take screenshots using the power+vol down combo. It's just and all-around solid performer.

Last edited:

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
After several hours, I'm back to the Ringke Fusion. Of the 4 cases I have (Supcase Unicorn Beetle, Official Google Case, Ringke Fusion, Spigen) the Ringke is far and away the best. It's not bulky. I can still take screenshots using the power+vol down combo. It's just and all-around solid performer.

I'm curious what the difference is between the Ringke Fusion and the Spigen Hybrid, and why you prefer the Ringke.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious what the difference is between the Ringke Fusion and the Spigen Hybrid, and why you prefer the Ringke.
The Spigen is open across the entire visor. The opening causes the top of the case to be flexible in that open area. I'm OCD about such things...just like the thin piece of TPU on the top side of the cutout for the charger. The Fusion's little piece is more rigid. ALSO, the Hybrid's buttons aren't quite as tactile the Fusion and for whatever reason it makes screenshots with the buttons virtually impossible just like the official Google case.

ed0964

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Mumfoau,

Since you are answering questions...what did you not like about the Supcase unicorn? Only one I've ever used on the 6P and I am loving it.

mohawk apple

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My wife has a iPhone 6 and she bought the original rubber little case that slips onto the device from a apple store, i like the feeling of it its really grippy rubber. Does anyone know of any like this for the 6p? I ordered a case from google the one with the cloth like back thinking it would be grippy rubber but its not at all. The 6p is a really slippery phone lol

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Mumfoau,

Since you are answering questions...what did you not like about the Supcase unicorn? Only one I've ever used on the 6P and I am loving it.
Sorry for the late response. I honestly loved the case initially as when I swapped my 6 Plus for the 6P it was a part of the deal and the only case that I had. The fit is great and so is the protection. It's just a bit too much case for my needs. Now, if I really needed that level of protection I'd opt for the Unicorn Beetle over an Otterbox Defender any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Same level of protection but not as much bulk...

Shoot, now you've got me wanting to go slap on my Unicorn Beetle LOL

PS: Also, the USB protecting flap puts stress on the USB cable when charging and I'm a bit concerned about that over time and potential damage to the charging port...

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Ringke Fusion Crystal. Fits well, looks nice, and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I'd been using my phone naked for the first week and a half since I'd gotten it while I waited on the case from Amazon and was super scared of dropping it but now am more relaxed. I do, however, miss the feel of the aluminum.

sandeep108

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add to the conversation. I got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Clear) and Spigen Rugged Armor (Black). I must admit, I am very happy with both cases. I think I like the Ultra Hybrid better just because it shows of the phone more. Both cases have good button feel and I'd imagine offer the same amount of protection.

Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4924940

Spigen Rugged Armor (Black) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4924940
Agree. I have the hybrid and it is a great case for showing off the phone while adding minimal bulk. It has already saved my phone.

ed0964

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
PS: Also, the USB protecting flap puts stress on the USB cable when charging and I'm a bit concerned about that over time and potential damage to the charging port...
Ummm...there's no flap on the Unicorn...at least not on mine. I have exactofied those *&%# flaps on any case that had them anyway.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Ummm...there's no flap on the Unicorn...at least not on mine. I have exactofied those *&%# flaps on any case that had them anyway.
Oh well yeah if you took a knife to it LOL. Mine is just as it was sent to the guy that gave it to me. That friggin' flap is rigid!

aliasneo07

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So what is the current "heavy duty" case? I am hard on my phones and would like an Otterbox Defender, but they apparently aren't being made for this device. Any ideas?

Also any recommendations on screen protectors?

Thanks all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90