Cases that don't mess with Whitestone Dome

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Rugged,Samsung Clear Protective UAG Monarch, Gear4 Battersea and the Mous Limitless 3.0

The Monarch comes real close to the top but does not seem to bother the WSD glass.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys have good luck with Whitestone? I'm thinking of getting one for my s20 plus. My son claims that his friend has one, and his edges start chipping.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you guys have good luck with Whitestone? I'm thinking of getting one for my s20 plus. My son claims that his friend has one, and his edges start chipping.
I've been using them since s8 , the only thing is they can develop a hairline crack , I'm not sure from keeping bunch of my phones together when carrying them but don't really see it and doesn't effect touches, so I don't bother changing it out. Saved few screens as I don't use insurance on phones .

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I use a Zagg Gear 4 Smoke Wembley Case for my S20 Ultra. Fits extremely well with the Whitestone Dome glass.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the Supcase Unicorn Beatle with the Whitestone dome. It took two or three attempts to get it on. Once I got the case on without messing up the Whitestone Dome glass, I haven't taken the case off. I love the case, but wouldn't recommend the combination unless you plan to keep the case on indefinitely. There are a couple threads around here about the Whitestone Dome, including the comedy of errors of me trying to get it on.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the Supcase Unicorn Beatle with the Whitestone dome. It took two or three attempts to get it on. Once I got the case on without messing up the Whitestone Dome glass, I haven't taken the case off. I love the case, but wouldn't recommend the combination unless you plan to keep the case on indefinitely. There are a couple threads around here about the Whitestone Dome, including the comedy of errors of me trying to get it on.

Link to the comedy of errors. :D I picked up the DomeGlass for my S20plus and ended up messing up both that came in the kit. Now I'm waiting for the replacement kit to get here. I couldn't get it to adhere to the upper right corner drove me freaking crazy. Unfortunately I get a bit OCD when putting screen protectors on.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Link to the comedy of errors. :D I picked up the DomeGlass for my S20plus and ended up messing up both that came in the kit. Now I'm waiting for the replacement kit to get here. I couldn't get it to adhere to the upper right corner drove me freaking crazy. Unfortunately I get a bit OCD when putting screen protectors on.

LOL, any recomendations on what not to do when installing. I ordered one today.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I've heard that there are some issues of chipping and/or the edges moving, but otherwise I've heard awesome stories about Whitestone Dome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
LOL, any recomendations on what not to do when installing. I ordered one today.

Hard to say . If you get it right they are awesome. I think When I put the supplied tape over the switches I may have had it up too high on the switches and that may have cause the interference. Also make sure you do it on a level surface.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I went with the A. M. Film one. Watched multiple videos, and had a flawless install. They have u put a small round weight on the fingerprint sensor during the glue process. So far everything is working great. Didn't even have to re-register fingerprints. I'll keep everyone informed how it holds up.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I went with the A. M. Film one. Watched multiple videos, and had a flawless install. They have u put a small round weight on the fingerprint sensor during the glue process. So far everything is working great. Didn't even have to re register fingerprints. I'll keep everyone informed how it holds up.

It's a very thorough installation procedure, isn't it? I didn't know about the weight on the fingerprint sensor. Very intuitive! Yes, please keep us posted!

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Update - I had to change the SIM card the other day. Removed and reinstalled the Supcase UB without incident.

Pro-tip - wait 24 hours after applying the Whitestone Dome, or any screen protector, before putting the phone back in the case.

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a very thorough installation procedure, isn't it? I didn't know about the weight on the fingerprint sensor. Very intuitive! Yes, please keep us posted!

Yes it is very thorough. I watched 2 install videos, and followed every step. It came out perfect. The weight on the fingerprint sensor really seems to have worked well, because mine is flawless. (As good as it was before the protector. I still prefer the rear mounted one.) I made sure to use a level surface, (small level is inclueded) and the glue spread out evenly, and didn't make a mess at all. I really am very impressed with this screen protector, and glad I gave it a shot.