Cell standby suddenly using too much battery

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried this just like you said and it's still the same. Turning on power saving and airplane mode doesn't really help either. I'm thinking it might either be a battery gone bad and I need a replacement, or the battery indicator is wrong and the battery needs to be calibrated. I'm going to run the battery down pretty low today and see if it helps.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Got the lollipop update. I updated and then factory reset to get a clean start. Its the same story. Woke up with 85% battery, nothing woke it. I dont know what the heck happened to this thing so suddenly, but i dont think ill ever get really good standby battery life again :(

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I rarely take mine out of the house but its annoying how much it drains overnight, my iPhone 6 stays at 100% all night long. Its a Samsung thing the new S6 are doing the same.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
It doesnt seem to be helping at all. Im going to replace the battery and see if that helps. Its even draining with airplane mode on, so i dont think its the radio or any apps since ive done a reset and turned off all functionality and it still drains.

Not sure what a new battery will do, but we will see i suppose

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Mine went to 0% dead after 2 days of being powered off. Whats the go with that it was not even on. Just downloading lollipop see how it goes lol.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine went to 0% dead after 2 days of being powered off. Whats the go with that it was not even on. Just downloading lollipop see how it goes lol.
Good luck!! Haha

Mines been at around 86-88% after about 8 hours of doing nothing which isnt horrible. It could be worse i guess.

One of my thoughts was maybe i'm being throttled by Sprint and it having some sort of negative effect on the battery. I did notice reduced speeds in places i used to have the best connection before. And it did come after my heaviest data usage month. I guess only time will tell, until i get off the throttle list (if i am!)

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Drained 10% in 7 hours while the phone was in ultra power saving mode. THIS IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!! i literally have no clue.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Have you booted in safe mode George. ..

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you are doing.
W. Edwards Deming

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have done that and let the phone sit idle. The drain was still the same. I'm pretty sure it's the battery since in safe mode and ultra power saving mode it still drains, and in airplane mode it does the same. That kinda rules out the cell radio as a culprit, and safe mode rules out any third party apps...

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Sold my edge, awaiting a iPhone 6 Plus. Its a nice phone but battery is not even as good as my iPhone 6. The drain got to me.

Sorry to hear that. Must have been that unit. This is my typical usage.

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-15-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-15-27.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-15-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-15-43.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 50
  • Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-16-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-19-00-16-45.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 50

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Na its normal with Samsung phones, you just get battery drain in standby. S5, Note 4, Note Edge were all the same. You pretty much have to shut everything off to stop it.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Na its normal with Samsung phones, you just get battery drain in standby. S5, Note 4, Note Edge were all the same. You pretty much have to shut everything off to stop it.

I understand battery drain in standby but maybe his was just that unit. I'm getting almost 16 hours with the phone off the charger with moderate to heavy use..

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting about 2 hours of screen time at ~40% left on the battery since my Lollipop update.. Looking in the graph, I'm seeing an absolute insane amount of wakelocks. The one thing I haven't done is a factory reset, but the phone is getting me through my day for now, so I'm gonna leave it be lol.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

How much screen on time are you getting?

I just ordered a new battery. Hoping that will fix it. Since its even draining in airplane mode, that really is the only thing im thinking.

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Noticed my battery is loose and rattles a bit when the phone is shaken side to side. I took it out and set it on the table and when i push on one corner, the battery rocks a little bit. It passes the spin test, but maybe thats what the problem is. New battery comes monday so ill know for sure then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332