Change the Clock Background Color

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question...

I have a Sprint version of the M8, and I have never been able to change the background color of the clock from the stock green color, to the black color I have seen on other M8 devices...

c609134fab2ea1a1b842f7a06f18f9a7.jpg

Is there any way to make the change?

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think the only way you can change it is by changing the theme itself (settings /personalize /theme) .

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Wait, why is your status bar is green as well? Go to Settings, About, Software information, and check if you have HTC Sense or not.

As on HTC Sense the Lollipop feature (status bar colour change) only works in Blinkfeed and Google Apps.
I think the only way you can change it is by changing the theme itself (settings /personalize /theme) .
The theme setup on HTC M8 only changes the colours of Blinkfeed.

Sent from my HTC One M8

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Yup...I actually got a similar answer on another forum, and I was able to get rid of the ugly green color, and change it to black.

Thanks for the tip!

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Wait, why is your status bar is green as well? Go to Settings, About, Software information, and check if you have HTC Sense or not.

As on HTC Sense the Lollipop feature (status bar colour change) only works in Blinkfeed and Google Apps.

The theme setup on HTC M8 only changes the colours of Blinkfeed.

Sent from my HTC One M8

That is the weather widget from BlinkFeed if you have BlinkFeed as your home screen. The theme does not affect only BlinkFeed, it also changes the colors of all the built-in HTC apps (mail, messages, phone, etc.).

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord