Changed my ROM and now phone wont turn on like the battery is dead...?

Devin Ford

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So i got bored and rooted my GS3... It all went perfect and everything worked fine. Then i was looking around on the internet and came across ROMs. They looked pretty cool so i watched a YouTube video and decided to change my ROM. BAD IDEA! I downloaded the ROM did a backup and reset and then booted off the new ROM. The last step of installation was to roboot the phone. So i did and it has yet to turn back on. I have tried to get into download mode and recovery mode, ive tried charging and taking the battery out. No luck. I really hope i didnt just break this thing :( If you need to know i have a Sprint GS3 and the ROM i tried was called Omega. Thanks for the help!!

formula355

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
With all of the info on this forum and XDA, I can't believe that people are still doing this to their S3s. I've read more threads like this for this phone then I've ever seen for anything else. I came from a Nexus S and never saw anything like this.

Do some research on repairing a brick because that's what you've got.

Read, read, read, and read some more until your eyes start to bleed.

Sent from a Galaxy far away...

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So what is d2spr anyway I see some roms say for sprint gs3 but also has d2spr next to the rom

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

sooner7

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So what is d2spr anyway I see some roms say for sprint gs3 but also has d2spr next to the rom

Dude it means sprint. d2SPRint. Each d2 device has a 3 letter specification given ex: d2usc, d2vzv.

If you don't even know that you shouldn't be flashing roms. Sorry bro.

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Thats why I havnt flashed any roms. And really they shouldnt be mixing all the roms in one section if sprint SPH-L710 is different from d2spr there should be different sub threads for them. I didnt realize there was a bunch of different sgs3's for sprint. I only see one at the store. And coming from the optimus s they had them separated by carriers. I didn't realize you couldnt ask a question anymore without getting bashed. I bet you didn't wake up one morning knowing everything android. Im sure you've asked questions when you didn't know something

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
With all of the info on this forum and XDA, I can't believe that people are still doing this to their S3s. I've read more threads like this for this phone then I've ever seen for anything else. I came from a Nexus S and never saw anything like this.

I think it's because the S3 is one of the very few phones that exists with the exact same name on many different carriers. Most other phones get different names on each carrier, even if they're basically the same device. Few people are likely to try to flash a ROM for an HTC One X to an EVO LTE. But it's much easier to mistake an AT&T Galaxy S3 ROM for an International S3 ROM, or even a Sprint GS 3 ROM, since they all say "Galaxy S3."

Yes, I agree that people should read far more carefully, but I think this is the main reason we see more people flashing the wrong ROMs here.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thats why I havnt flashed any roms. And really they shouldnt be mixing all the roms in one section if sprint SPH-L710 is different from d2spr there should be different sub threads for them. I didnt realize there was a bunch of different sgs3's for sprint. I only see one at the store. And coming from the optimus s they had them separated by carriers. I didn't realize you couldnt ask a question anymore without getting bashed. I bet you didn't wake up one morning knowing everything android. Im sure you've asked questions when you didn't know something

the isnt a bunch of diff gs3's for sprint. d2spr and SPH-7710. are the same phone.

d2usc is for uscelluar, d2vzv is verizon

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
D2spr is the SPH-L710 and d2vzw NOT d2vzv is the Verizon version of the S3. You can get people very confused by switching a letter or a number around.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2