Changing the Call Answer display/screen?

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Let me first say that the devs in this forum ROCK!!!
I know that you run across all kinds of customer requests, but is there anyway to have the Epic run the call answer display/screen of the LG Optimus S? My son has the Optimus and I really like the simple display to slide left/right top answer/reject a call. (similar to the AOSP Lockscreen). I'm really not a fan of the "no answer w/text" feature.

This is a personal preference & it seems so much easier since I already prefer the AOSP lockscreen.

I'm currently running GB 2.3, EF02/10, Generic ROM.

Thanks so much.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Changing the Call Answer display/screen?????

Hello, Let me first say that the devs in this forum ROCK!!!
I know that you run across all kinds of customer requests, but is there anyway to have the Epic run the call answer display/screen of the LG Optimus S? My son has the Optimus and I really like the simple display to slide left/right top answer/reject a call. (similar to the AOSP Lockscreen). I'm really not a fan of the "no answer w/text" feature.

This is a personal preference & it seems so much easier since I already prefer the AOSP lockscreen.

I'm currently running GB 2.3, EF02/10, Generic ROM.

Thanks so much.

I'm not so sure if this is really possible. The application which runs the area your speaking of is the Phone.apk. Each Phone.apk I'm sure is customized per device. The actual icons/graphics that your sliding or grabbing is not an issue that is simply a change in the graphics in the framework-res.apk but the actual layout and workings of the way you answer the call by means of swiping the icon is controlled by the Phone.apk which I'm sure would take some work to convert over to work on the Epic.

Reactions: ShaLea

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks so much. I didn't know if this was something that could be redesigned in the ROM development stages.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it couldn't be done but its definately out of the normal scope of tweaks, customizing and changes done to a ROM and/or phone. Maybe some dev out there would be willing to look at something like this..

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I suppose if one wanted to make the effort, ripping the apk for the phone app from the one device and installing it on the other to see what happens could be done. I don't know if there would be any legal issue doing it yourself or transfer by someone sharing it over the internet. Worse case scenario you have to restore the device from a backup or odin back to stock and reflash custom ROM etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I suppose if one wanted to make the effort, ripping the apk for the phone app from the one device and installing it on the other to see what happens could be done. I don't know if there would be any legal issue doing it yourself or transfer by someone sharing it over the internet. Worse case scenario you have to restore the device from a backup or odin back to stock and reflash custom ROM etc.
I agree... That is about the best place to start.. Download one of their stock ROMs for the device, and pull the Phone.apk out and try flashing it/pushing it to the Epic and see what happens...

Worst case, you get a bunch of FC's or a lockup and you do as said and restore in CWM.. Might just work who knows...

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

This is definitely what I was thinking.... I guess if I wanted it, I could search the Optimus S forums & see if their phone.apk file is somewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84