Charging time for S10e

jg2012

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I recently purchased theS10e. It seem to take a long time to charge. After full 2 nights of charging it's still only at 71%. Is this typical for this phone?

Thanks

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's not typical for any phone. There's something wrong with the charger, cable or the phone itself.

Where did you get it from? the S10e is getting on for 6 years old at this point, so there is a decent chance the battery is dead.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

jg2012

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
That's not typical for any phone. There's something wrong with the charger, cable or the phone itself.

Where did you get it from? the S10e is getting on for 6 years old at this point, so there is a decent chance the battery is dead.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I got it from Walmart unlocked for $250 CDN. Reduced buy $150. It has AT&T software installed. older model but compared to the low end Galaxy J3 I was using I'm see a huge difference with performance and features. The battery seems to drain quite rapidly as well so I'll try a new one.

edit: Although I just looked at the specs and see it's non removable. Maybe I'll return the phone if I can

Li-Ion 3100 mAh, non-removable

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Thanks for the reply. I got it from Walmart unlocked for $250 CDN. Reduced buy $150. It has AT&T software installed. older model but compared to the low end Galaxy J3 I was using I'm see a huge difference with performance and features. The battery seems to drain quite rapidly as well so I'll try a new one.

edit: Although I just looked at the specs and see it's non removable. Maybe I'll return the phone if I can

Li-Ion 3100 mAh, non-removable
Yeah, the S10e was a good phone in it's day, but when they sit in a warehouse for massively extended periods Lithium-Ion batteries age like fine milk. If I were you I would looke for something like a Pixel 6a, you should be able to pick one up relatively cheap if you shop around. And it would be considerably more modern than the S10e with a few good years of security patches left in it. You may even be able to get the 7a if you do the legwork. The canadian budget market is quite a way out of my wheelhouse unfortunately lol.

Reactions: J Dubbs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you want to find out more about your battery's health, you can install Accubattery and go through a couple of charge cycles, then look at the Battery Health section. Anything <85% is generally felt to be when you really notice the deterioration in the battery's charging speed and ability to hold a charge.

Reactions: jg2012 and J Dubbs

jg2012

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
If you want to find out more about your battery's health, you can install Accubattery and go through a couple of charge cycles, then look at the Battery Health section. Anything <85% is generally felt to be when you really notice the deterioration in the battery's charging speed and ability to hold a charge.
Thanks for the tip. Just installed it and I'll let it run. I have found that charging from a wall socket vs a computer USB port is much faster so that may have been my issue. I'll let the app run and see what it tells me.

Reactions: B. Diddy

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Just installed it and I'll let it run. I have found that charging from a wall socket vs a computer USB port is much faster so that may have been my issue. I'll let the app run and see what it tells me.
\It probably was. USB 2 can only supply max 2.5W and 3.0 4.5W... I assumed you were using the charger that was in the box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello