Question Samsung A51

NUMBER_NINE

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I recently had an issue with my A51 where I couldn't charge it even after changing it's charger (power adapter and cord), the issue still persisted. Not long ago I changed it's charging board and it worked for a few days and then stopped again.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately this sounds like hardware issues, not much to do there but to change the charging port or the board. Definitely not something that can be easily troubleshot online, and would need a tech to take a look.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
When you say that you changed its charging board I assume you mean you replaced the charging port and the PCB it is attached to inside of the phone, is this correct?

First external things. You changed the cable and brick, did you also test to see if both or either worked to charge another device? The plug has a big hole in it which can also attract debris, so if it doesn't charge other devices check that it isn't plugged up.

I would also check that nothing got jammed in the port. One thing about these USB-C ports is they are big openings and it is easy for something to end up jammed inside of the port and not always obvious when the cable isn't going all the way in so, be easy when trying to remove it if you see something. I'd probably try air from either side first and then explore with a toothpick in the easiest most gentle way.

Did you personally do this or did you have it done by someplace like YouBreakiFix? If you had it repaired I would for sure take it back. They should stand behind their repair. If on the other hand you made the repair yourself and you don't find debris in the port you may have to go back in. New ports are tight and you may have used a bit of force to get the plug into a new port and not even realized it. I don't know how the board the port is connected to attaches in that device but some of those small connectors are easy to mistake for being connected correctly only to find they are not fully seated. Again pressing hard a small movement could have unseated it too, especially if it wasn't fully seated to begin with.

Hopefully you can correct this from the outside but let us know what you find.

Best wishes.

Reactions: NUMBER_NINE

NUMBER_NINE

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, I actually had fixed it at a local retail and repair store, also I had done all the above steps the replaced cable and brick were tested on another device just to be sure, also the port was dusted with air.

I recently tried charging it with a power bank and immediately it's plugged in the power bank indicates that it was connected to something(it lights up the current battery percentage) then turns off after a few seconds as if you're just trying to check the current battery percentage of a similar standalone power bank. As opposed to staying on as long as it's charging the phone

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah so it could be that just one or two of the pins on the cable are not making the needed connection. There's enough of a connection that it recognizes being plugged in and other devices recognize it being connected but not the right connections to actually charge. Good news though you had the work done so you should be covered under their repair guarantee one would imagine.