Chromebook Productivity Queries

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm trying to study the possibility of getting a Chromebook and being productive vs owning a PC or Mac. My questions are:

1. Can i send files via Bluetooth from Android phone?
2. Can i print or scan from Word web version or Chrome OS to a Google cloud printer?
3. Can i scan via Chrome browser using my HP printer?
4. Can i change wallpaper with my own photos?
5. Can i organise files and create multiple folders? Move files between folders easily? Can i rename a folder ala Windows File Manager?
6. Will we see Android apps support?
7. Full HTML5 support?
8. Can i print attached Word doc & PDF files from email?
9. Can i cast via Chrome browser?
10. Is there a way to re-download or put my files on Google Drive to my Chromebook?

Please advice. Thanks.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I'm trying to study the possibility of getting a Chromebook and being productive vs owning a PC or Mac. My questions are:

Ill answer the ones I can, others can fill in the blanks, or make corrections if I am wrong

1. Can i send files via Bluetooth from Android phone?
I dont believe there is bluetooth on chromebook, at least I dont think there is on my Acer

2. Can i print or scan from Word web version or Chrome OS to a Google cloud printer?
Yes, you can print, not sure about scanning

3. Can i scan via Chrome browser using my HP printer?
Dont think so

4. Can i change wallpaper with my own photos?
Yes

5. Can i organise files and create multiple folders? Move files between folders easily? Can i rename a folder ala Windows File Manager?
Yes

6. Will we see Android apps support?
Not currently , I hear they are working on it

7. Full HTML5 support?
I believe so

8. Can i print attached Word doc & PDF files from email?
I think you have to save them first

9. Can i cast via Chrome browser?
Yes, Chromecast works GREAT from Chrome on a Chromebook

10. Is there a way to re-download or put my files on Google Drive to my Chromebook?
Yes, but remember, the internal storage is limited, You can add an SD card for extra local storage

Please advice. Thanks.

freeoscar

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes Chrome books have Bluetooth. It allows you to use smart unlock. Not sure if you can transfer files that way, but you could always do USB transfer which would be much faster.

Posted via the Android Central App

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes Chrome books have Bluetooth. It allows you to use smart unlock. Not sure if you can transfer files that way, but you could always do USB transfer which would be much faster.

Posted via the Android Central App

ahh I stand corrected. My Acer Chromebook does indeed have bluerooth. never knew and never use it on this device

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to send files from an Android phone to a Chromebook?

And is there a way to "send" or share files in Google Drive to a Chromebook and save it on the internal memory or an SD card?

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to send files from an Android phone to a Chromebook?

And is there a way to "send" or share files in Google Drive to a Chromebook and save it on the internal memory or an SD card?

Yes, you can send files from a phone to Dropbox, or any cloud storage, and save/download to a Chromebook, or an SD card in the Chromebook

Yes, Chromebook has an SD slot, for a full size SD card. All you need to do if you want files from a phone is copy to a micro sd from a phone, then use the full size adapter inserted into Chromebook.

There is also a full size usb , that you can use on Chromebook, lots of options

You can download/save files from Drive, Dropbox, Box, or even from a network shared folder from a pc on your network.

Go get a Chromebook, they are fun, fast, and cheap :)

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks. If i can find a Chromebook that connects to a bluetooth device (such as a speaker or mouse) and with a backlit keyboard then ill buy one today.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks. If i can find a Chromebook that connects to a bluetooth device (such as a speaker or mouse) and with a backlit keyboard then ill buy one today.

The backlit kb may be a bit of a challenge in the lower price range but iI believe the new Toshiba does have one in the $300+ price range

Go for, they are fun

ViolentRockstar

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I currently own a dell chromebook and I' m not exactly satisfied with it.
There are a bunch of things that dont work, especially when you're offline.
I'd highly recommend getting a windows-laptop, since those things allow you to do a billion things more. I don' t know what you' ll be using the device for, but you can' t go wrong with Windows (imo)