hinamesmichelle

Jan 1, 2010
twitter.com
There has to be more people with Cliqs out there. Where are you all at? I think it's a great device. Totally under rated and with Android has great potential software wise. Don't be shy ;)

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I love my cliq. I switched from Palm Pre to Curve 8900 to Cliq and I'm here to stay. I need to sit down and work with it a bit more to be more comfortable with all the features, but what I do use, I love. Only thing I miss is PalmPreCentral.net --- I enjoyed conversations with other pre users and as you noted here -- not a lot of cliq owners around apparently.

But --- love it!!!

Ms. Matrix

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, in a few more days I will be an owner of the NEW Cliq XT and I'm looking forward to it. I currently have the Dash 3G and I hate it, I made a mistake getting it and it's still fairly new. But on Weds when it's finally touch down in Tmo shops at lunch time I'm hauling ass to the shop across the street from me! lol

I'm already looking up apps & cool widgets :)

hammer4203#IM

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep motoblur slows it down. Yesterday I took the cliq back to tmo and got the mytouch. My cliq decided while I was at work to open facebook instead of my txt msgs. He showed me the new cliq xt and it's slower than the original. He was reluctant to change me out at first, but when he tried using it he saw the cliq start doing its wierdness again. He said that he thought the cliq and behold had the same issues with the manufacturer running thier software on top of the android os. Google has put out a cease and desist order to moto and samsung. The my touch is so much smoother running. Try the cliq out, but try using the crap out of it before the 14 days.

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep motoblur slows it down.

He said that he thought the cliq and behold had the same issues with the manufacturer running thier software on top of the android os. Google has put out a cease and desist order to moto and samsung.

The my touch is so much smoother running. Try the cliq out, but try using the crap out of it before the 14 days.
Well; Motoblur doesn't really slow the Cliq unless you've got thousands (even hundreds) of tweets/facebook updates/MySpace messages etc all coming in at once. Remember; you can remove any of the Blur Widgets you don't want/need from your 5 homescreens into the trashcan to remove them and conserve your processing speed if you desire.

Google has "NOT" put out any cease & desist order, on the contrary - Google is happy to have as many Android devices as possible in the market and actually encourages innovation. While I agree that Samsung really "stunk it up bigtime" with their UI implementation on the BeholdII, both Moto Blur and HTC's Sense are really well done and contribute a great deal to extending and enhancing basic Android.

As to the MT3G... I had that phone for a few weeks but traded it back in for the Cliq... it was much slower and far more un-stable (for me) that the Cliq has been these 3 1/2 weeks since. I also really missed the keyboard (many years a BB user) and the Cliq just feels right, much better keyboard than the Droid IMHO.

I also have the HTC Hero on Sprint, love them both and Blur & Sense each has its own nice little features that the other doesn't... but right now (for you Michelle) I just LOVING my Cliq a wee bit more so it is my numero uno! :p

/BD :cool:

hinamesmichelle

Jan 1, 2010
twitter.com
Are you stalking me bikedogrun? :p I've seen you in every thread I've been in. Except there aren't many for our Cliqs so nevermind, ha.

And as for MotoBlur slowing things down, no. It takes a few mins to set up and let everything sync. I definitely removed all the happening/MotoBlur widgets though. There's apps that do better jobs at updating you constantly :p

I find that TMo employees in stores know pretty much nothing about devices. People in forums know a whole lot more...just saying ;)

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you stalking me bikedogrun? :p I've seen you in every thread I've been in. Except there aren't many for our Cliqs so nevermind, ha.

And as for MotoBlur slowing things down, no. It takes a few mins to set up and let everything sync. I definitely removed all the happening/MotoBlur widgets though. There's apps that do better jobs at updating you constantly :p

I find that TMo employees in stores know pretty much nothing about devices. People in forums know a whole lot more...just saying ;)
I pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm sure!

It may have to be the two of us that keep this Cliq Forum going at this point, guess it could be worse!

jackitoday

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll try to remember to come by here more often too -- sorry.

I don't think that Blur slows the cliq down all the match --- not enough to bother me anyway.

I am having trouble deleting an app tho --- i press on the icon, the trash can comes up and I think I'm moving it to the trashcan, but it doesn't disappear. Is there a more direct approach?

Jacki

hinamesmichelle

Jan 1, 2010
twitter.com
You can't delete apps that came stock on the phone. Unless you root it, but I haven't heard much about people rooting Cliqs. Anyway, dragging it to the trash only removes it from your homescreen.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Just got a Cliq. Its been my fave android device so far. I have used the G1 and MyTouch. Battery could be better but I'm sure being on 3G with GPS WiFi and BT on all day doesn't help, huh? ;)

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Just got a Cliq. Its been my fave android device so far. I have used the G1 and MyTouch. Battery could be better but I'm sure being on 3G with GPS WiFi and BT on all day doesn't help, huh? ;)
Hey - Welcome to the site! Glad you're loving your Cliq too...

As to battery life, do you have the recent 1.3.18 Blur Update installed? While that update did mess-up a few folks phones, it sure does improve (significantly) our Cliq's battery life.

Cheers...

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I did the update as soon as I signed into google on the phone. I don't use Blur. I was just messing/being sarcastic about the battery tho. I am able to charge via a car charger whenever I need to throughout the day so it's really not a big deal.

rhodry7

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I really loved my cliq at first. The longer I have it the quirkier it gets though. Its not that I don't like it, I actually really like my cliq. Its just an odd phone.

And I really wish I could turn motoblur off. I don't use social networking so it doesn't have much use for me. I just text like a madman! And I love the cliqs keyboard. Ill be sad to leave it whenever I get a new phone (I'm always going to stick with a keyboard phone).

IMNutz21

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I got my Cliq a couple of weeks ago, switched from a 5300 Xpress Music. Though it wasn't a smart phone, the Cliq is a huge difference!

I really wanted it for it's email capabilities but found so much more. The music player was cool. The only thing that displeases me, I can't connect to my pc via bluetooth. I wanted to try and move my calendar over, along with some other things. Not happening. Hope they get that fixed.

I love it! Might become a Moto fanboi after this buy.

Last edited:

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I just recently picked up a Cliq myself. Coming from a MyTouch 3G (which is a bit of an odd move and a OS downgrade). My initial impressions of the phone itself is that it's weighty, and feels solid despite being a slider. Having both the option for touch screen typing or using the physical keyboard is a huge plus in my book. I do miss the enhanced map features on the MyTouch 3G (largely thanks to Android 1.6 on that phone) and I can't play Home Run Battle 3D on my Cliq which is a bummer.

Hopefully Motorola does get an update to us Cliq owners (both old and new).

One annoyance that I must gripe about is the included stereo headset. No remote answer button on the cord? WTG Motorola for a reason to sell BT headsets! I did try a wired stereo phone headset from a older iPhone and the mic was constantly "live" where a loud noise or gust of wind would bring up the voice dial while listening to the music player. That I do hope gets fixed in a update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali