CM App lock

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So the other day a notification comes up for this and stupid me opened it. Then it asks for a pin so I use my regular pin. Next thing I find about 4 apps when I go to use them I need to enter the pin. I notice the 3 dots in top right so click and you can remove pin for the app. So I go and do this for all the apps it locked.

I wanted to remove the app but couldn't find it in my Apps at least not under that name. Looking in the Play store I see some apps with CM and also Clean Master. The latter was on my phone but I had uninstalled.

Now I wonder if this outfit behind the 3 apps which are similar, Cheetah Mobile, has loaded some hidden files that pop up. Maybe the app is under Asus something. Anyone see this.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
This is not an app. It's part of the Asus launcher since the recent update. To find the setting for it, long press on the home screen and choose preferences. Then look for the series of App Lock settings. If you are using another launcher, temporarily switch to the Asus launcher to change the settings for this. As part of the 3 settings in preferences, one gives you choice to totally disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie