CM7 and battery life

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Need some help here... flashed Cm7 to hubby's Evo and he loves the look and feel of it... however, battery life is TERRIBLE for him. He's burning through an extended battery in 6 hours. Any ideas? Is there is a kernel that might help improve that? I use CM7 on my Nexus and can last on a full battery for around 10 hours with moderate usage. He barely uses his to text. He works in a warehouse so he doesn't have the time to mess around with it.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Try flashing a custom kernel thats undervolted, and try using set cpu to underclock while the screen is off if you dont want to mess with kernel and governors.

Reactions: Jessicalt1

Jessicalt1

Lover of all things Andi
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't get SavagedZen's page to come up at home, don't know if it was my browser or what, went with another one that seems to work wonders. Thanks for your help. :D

Rascaldoc

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
hope this isn't the wrong place for this question but I'm green as the android smileys when it comes to rooting AND I was poised to take the plunge this weekend AND I'm doing it for speed and battery life (mainly battery life besides doing it "jus' to do it" once .... ) soooooooo .... can I have the kernel information? Thanks in advance

Illusions

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Two things you should do -
(1) Reset the battery stats (recalibrate battery) when you flash a new rom....very important.
(2) Let the extended battery charge overnight, not just to 100% (software designed for small battery that came with the EVO).

These two simple things will improve the battery life. The basic CM7 has good battery life.

stangcolts

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
hope this isn't the wrong place for this question but I'm green as the android smileys when it comes to rooting AND I was poised to take the plunge this weekend AND I'm doing it for speed and battery life (mainly battery life besides doing it "jus' to do it" once .... ) soooooooo .... can I have the kernel information? Thanks in advance

I personally use Kernel Manager Pro there's also a lite version thats works just fine... It give's you reviews on stability and the overall kernel function...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teamwin.kernelmanager&hl=en

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Two things you should do -
(1) Reset the battery stats (recalibrate battery) when you flash a new rom....very important.
(2) Let the extended battery charge overnight, not just to 100% (software designed for small battery that came with the EVO).

These two simple things will improve the battery life. The basic CM7 has good battery life.

You meant to go into Revolutionary and then Wipe/Clean the Battery Cache (don't remember the exact item name)? Please confirm.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene