Confusion: Which passowrds to use on sync'd Outlook?

flycaster1

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
I have Thunderbird-latest version (on my PC and using Provider addon) sync'd with Outlook (on my A13 5G). Just now, when trying to reply or send an email from the phone, I'm being prompted to sign in. Also, I'm being asked to fill-in my PW for my IMAP and SMTP. I have used the PW that I have within Thunderbird for IMAP/SMTP and get error to try again. Prior to this, things seemed to be working as they should. I am now quite confused as to which PWs are wanted? I have tried my PW for IMAP/SMTP that is listed within Thunderbird on the PC, but that isn't working. BTW, what I haven't tried is the PW used for my Google acct.

EDIT: Of the two accts on the phone (same as on PC), one is working right and the other doesn't send/receive emails.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be worth removing the account from your phone and then adding it back again, in case there's something wrong with the credentials for that account on the phone.

flycaster1

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site
It might be worth removing the account from your phone and then adding it back again, in case there's something wrong with the credentials for that account on the phone.

A good point, but I'm sort of afraid to do this as I'm fearful I'll screw up the sync'ing, and a really don't know how to do this. Also, just got word from another forum that the PW I'm being asked for is not the one for TB, but is for my Microsoft acct. Perhaps, when I'm prompted on the phone for the acct's PW, I'll give the MS one a try???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The password would be the one for the email account, not necessarily Thunderbird (since the latter is an email client, not an email provider). Definitely try using your Microsoft password, if you're talking about an actual Outlook.com email account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia