Question Could anyone recommend a wider phone?

CarleL

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

As mentioned above, I'd like a wider phone. I have rather large hands, and my current and last phones (Galaxy Ultra then Pixel 6a) are tall and thin and I find them unpleasant to use. The narrow design isn't great for the keyboard and emails (which is what I mostly use it for) and even with large hands, I find reaching the top of the phone to swipe down a drag.

Could anyone recommend a decent phone with a wider design? I don't want anything folding please, as that's just another step to using the phone.

Thanks!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
That's not really how phones are designed these days but there are a few foldable devices that give you a wider form factor. Obviously the Fold by Samsung, which has some older versions now that might be more affordable. Google has the Pixel Fold if money is no object and I've seen JerryRigEverything teardown other devices so there are others out there if you look. Short of that getting a tablet, which is going to be difficult to carry, that has a SIM there's not much in the wider aspect ratio class that I can think of.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep your options might be limited to older phones or lesser known budget brands unfortunately. Check Moto's phones out though, they might still have the wider ratio screens 😉

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
You could try a Uniherz Titan, it's wide almost like a BlackBerry Passport (work wide). However, it's a keyboard device so you pretty much gotta want that. Also, you'd want to be aware of the constant debate about the pros/cons of Phones built in China, availability of OS updates with a smaller company, etc.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter